A&H

MOAS Appointment but not on MOAS

That makes sense.

That said, unless it has changed since my day, they normally phone when it is short notice before actually making the appointment. I remember getting a call from Chris Wildey on a Friday night asking if I could go to Eastleigh on Saturday afternoon. I told him I was at Edinburgh station ready to get the sleeper train at 11pm, he said he would use me as a last resort but would try others first (my date was closed, they were desperate).

I was appointed to a game at the end of last season, appointment at 11am, call at 1130 for that evening (rough timings). So they definitely can appoint before confirming.

A&H International
That makes sense.

That said, unless it has changed since my day, they normally phone when it is short notice before actually making the appointment. I remember getting a call from Chris Wildey on a Friday night asking if I could go to Eastleigh on Saturday afternoon. I told him I was at Edinburgh station ready to get the sleeper train at 11pm, he said he would use me as a last resort but would try others first (my date was closed, they were desperate).
In this case it may have been late morning or very early afternoon so it appears they sent the appointment through first but when not confirmed after about an hour the FA phoned without reply and then proceeded to remove and appoint someone else for the fixture tomorrow - very unfortunate and all down to timings and not in the right place at the right time.

In this case it may have been late morning or very early afternoon so it appears they sent the appointment through first but when not confirmed after about an hour the FA phoned without reply and then proceeded to remove and appoint someone else for the fixture tomorrow - very unfortunate and all down to timings and not in the right place at the right time.
Yeah thats exactly what happened. I found the email received at 11.03 and the phone calls came at around 11.50ish. Whilst i was still out. It is unfortunate but hey ho, it is what it is

Back