A&H

Mainz v Freiburg. Another VAR thread

All the science and analysis and consideration for the trajectory of all things spherical is good on paper, and complex
However the over riding factor is simple. Do you as referee deem what you see to be deliberate. If do, penalise it. If not, and I would suggest without inside knowledge of Opta, nine times out of ten, I would consider handball not to bd deliberate. I mean, who at the top level of football, on 100k per week, having trained pro for 10 years, really gives away a pk to their opponents by putting their hand onto the ball?
Defender is aware a cross is going to come in, and thinks, hey, am well aware if I use my hand to block this I will conceed a pen but fcuk it, I will do it anyway?
Conceding a pen can be less of a bad thing than the ball actually going in? And given that you seem determined not to give a penalty for HB, I don't see why any player in your matches would hesitate to use their hands rather than allow their opponents a 7 or 8 out of 10 chance?

The Referee Store
Conceding a pen can be less of a bad thing than the ball actually going in? And given that you seem determined not to give a penalty for HB, I don't see why any player in your matches would hesitate to use their hands rather than allow their opponents a 7 or 8 out of 10 chance?

Its a cross. If you were playing football, would you handle that?

All the science and analysis and consideration for the trajectory of all things spherical is good on paper, and complex
However the over riding factor is simple. Do you as referee deem what you see to be deliberate. If do, penalise it. If not, and I would suggest without inside knowledge of Opta, nine times out of ten, I would consider handball not to bd deliberate. I mean, who at the top level of football, on 100k per week, having trained pro for 10 years, really gives away a pk to their opponents by putting their hand onto the ball?
Defender is aware a cross is going to come in, and thinks, hey, am well aware if I use my hand to block this I will conceed a pen but fcuk it, I will do it anyway?

If you're making your decisions based on assuming that players make sense then you're really barking up the wrong tree!
We see plenty of penalties for deliberate handling.

And if you just treat all players as amoebas then imo thats very disrespectful

I would be fuming if that pk was given againgst me on the basis am a stupid centre half who clearly has no other motive other than to handle crosses in the box

Saw a defender make the best 'Cat' like save in a game once. Best save I've ever seen, even from a proper goalkeeper, but he had to go!!! Bye bye!!! :rolleyes:

And if you just treat all players as amoebas then imo thats very disrespectful

I would be fuming if that pk was given againgst me on the basis am a stupid centre half who clearly has no other motive other than to handle crosses in the box
"Can't be a foul! No player would be that dumb!"

Talk about coming down in the last shower!!

Saw a defender make the best 'Cat' like save in a game once. Best save I've ever seen, even from a proper goalkeeper, but he had to go!!! Bye bye!!! :rolleyes:

Off on a tangent here; But I'm quite annoyed with myself this season. I've apparently missed two very blatant handball DOSGO offences, which I've still not gotten over. :devil::rage::wall:

Wish they were cat-like saves, I might have spotted them then! ;)

Back