A&H

Leeds vs Frank Lampard’s Derby County

I suspect the flag went up for the first ball forward where the attacker was probably offside, although it was incredibly tight. Yes, the referee didn't stop play but he still didn't stop play after the final pass and awarded a penalty even though his assistant was stood with his flag up. Even after giving the penalty it took him some time to finally see the flag and reverse the penalty.

Whether a mistake from the AR or not, it is very poor refereeing not to see your assistant stood with his flag up for so long. Can only assume comms and buzzers both failed, but even so he should sill be looking across.
Why was the AR level with the penalty spot then?

Reactions: JH
The Referee Store
It’s absoloutely shocking that the referee gave nothing for that. Easy red card and pen. He’s having a nightmare of a game

So there’s the ‘offside’ AR penalty mix up, Pablo Hernandez getting his foot stood on in the box and the clear high foot in the face of the Derby attacker by the Leeds keeper, all of which missed by a referee in a perfect unobstructed position. Got to say, this is a very poor performance by this refereeing team

Bad decisions breed more of the same. It's hard to reverse
The ref will know he's having a stinker. AR1 must be new to the game :cry:

Last edited:
Why was the AR level with the penalty spot then?

Well if I was stood with my flag up for 30 seconds without being seen I would sidestep down the line until I was seen, even if that meant going all the way to the corner flag. That said, the AR definitely made a very bad offside call in the second half so perhaps he just wasn't having a good day.

I can't even begin to comprehend how the red card was missed. Even if the referee misses it one of the other officials has to see it.

I've seen Andy Davies a few times and never really been impressed. He's a capable Football League referee, but the whole point of SG2 is to develop future Premier League referees and he is clearly never going to get to that level.

I can't even begin to comprehend how the red card was missed. Even if the referee misses it one of the other officials has to see it.

I've seen Andy Davies a few times and never really been impressed. He's a capable Football League referee, but the whole point of SG2 is to develop future Premier League referees and he is clearly never going to get to that level.
One for the FA to review do you think?

Maybe he was star struck with the Sky cameras, thats one of the easiest reds you can see, I understand the offside and the other possible penalty but this is as easy as it gets as a decision!!

If this is the offside decision he made, then I don't see how you can have serious complaints. It's obviously really close (and I'm not entirely confident on the red line due to some lens distortion), but if he felt the player was in an OSP, then I think you have interference with an opponent. Now the AR probably kept his flag down because he wasn't 100% sure after he missed the header. It's not exactly a good example of great teamwork on an offside decision, but they probably got the right decision.

roelfu0.png

It’s strange because i thought the ref got everything spot on (including foul identification vs a good challenge) other than the big decisions... tbf even I didn’t think Pablo should’ve had a pen until the replay

It’s strange because i thought the ref got everything spot on (including foul identification vs a good challenge) other than the big decisions... tbf even I didn’t think Pablo should’ve had a pen until the replay
I see you've tried them Leeds glasses on I sent you @alexv... The consensus here says he missed quite a lot and one massive one! SOT

What, including kicking an opponent in the head? That was about as wrong as you ever likely to see wrong ..!

Depends whether the referee says he saw it in his report. If not, and as there was no caution, they could.
They could, and have upgraded stuff even if the ref has seen stuff, they rarely do but its certainly been done before!!

Depends whether the referee says he saw it in his report. If not, and as there was no caution, they could.
How could he possibly say he saw an opponent kick another square in the face and didn't deal with it? The player must be retrospectively banned.

Back