A&H

Just dropped my biggest clanger to date!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You used technology during a game to change or validate a decision. That really isn't allowed.

I guess so & in hindsight I would have stuck with my decision, I won’t be doing it again honest guv ;)

The Referee Store
It must look awful when the ref dont know the basics?
How can you sell offside and so on if you dont know handball is direct
Thats like no being sure what way to go round a roundabout..

Done that before but that was back in the magic 🍄 days we won’t go there a..

It must look awful when the ref dont know the basics?
How can you sell offside and so on if you dont know handball is direct
Thats like no being sure what way to go round a roundabout..

It doesn’t look awful because it’s all fantasy remember.. it would never happen in real life.

With regards to noise, this recent experience of mine is how not to manage it;
I found myself arguing aloud with a captain at a distance of 20 yards for 20 seconds or so, putting a show on for everyone. In terms of noise, what example do you think that set the other players?
Here's a recent better experience;
I beckoned a player over and said "you're all over me after 5 minutes, how do you think this is gonna pan out?". Ten minutes later he was in the book; after which he settled down and went on to score the match winner. In passing, I said "great goal" and we finished on good terms. That relationship had the initial potential to go very sour

Glad that the mods have let this go, hopefully some great advice on what definitely not what to do and a poke at some nighttime revision to come after you’ve put your kid to bed with another bedtime story! :cool:

Maybe I’m weaker mentally than I thought maybe put in compromising positions repeatedly like being a referee is out of my comfort zone.

When challenged by a player regarding a decision I’m not winning when trying to explain it.

Also another thing is trying to remember in my side view who has said what, I guess what I’m saying is I’m trying to address every moan and groan & it’s taking its toll.

Got a lot to work on I wish I could wind the clock back and ref that game again.

Glad that the mods have let this go, hopefully some great advice on what definitely not what to do and a poke at some nighttime revision to come after you’ve put your kid to bed with another bedtime story! :cool:

She’s in for a treat tonight it’s a lovely novel called lotg I’m gonna get straight to the juicy bit Handball

Refereeing has certainly rattled my cage. The difficulty associated with improving has seriously got my attention :confused:

In all honesty I was on a roll all jokes aside and all clangers aside my match control was good & I didn’t give a caution for 7 games had little dissent, I was refereeing around two adult games a wknd & things were good, the min I altered my routine I was Lino then played myself then did a few youth games it’s thrown me off course, not that excuses the handball incident but I think a routine and regular games at the same level will help.

I wish sum1 had filmed me doing it, I’d have gone viral without doubt.

Anyway MIB, you're not the only one to look like a Muppet from time to time
This was possibly my first post on the RefChat;
Search the IFAB PDF version of the book and you won't find the word 'intentional' or 'deliberate' regarding handball or any other offence for that matter
Turns out the word 'intentional' is used 4 times whilst the word 'deliberate' is in the book 29 times. At least you were only wrong on one count!

Anyway MIB, you're not the only one to look like a Muppet from time to time
This was possibly my first post on the RefChat;

Turns out the word 'intentional' is used 4 times whilst the word 'deliberate' is in the book 29 times. At least you were only wrong on one count!

Appreciate that cat but not much leaves me short of words, what I did last night feels like i saw it on YouTube and it wasn’t me.

I truly can’t believe I went to my bag and googled handball.

What is even more bizzare and mind boggling is how the players seemed to be perfectly fine with it, I got zero stick and we had a laugh when I clearly and loudly awarded the next free kick as DIRECT.

It’s a funny old game this refereeing, id like to think I can’t get any worse or stoop any lower than google but I thought the same after giving offside from a goal kick.

I think me and @PinnerPaul or another Middlesex Ref will have to run a line for you, just to experience the roller coaster ride, silencing the doubters for good!

Your more than welcome like I said the ironic thing is besides the customery howler my games generally go well, In a way I’m thinking maybe it’s better to get a law wrong than not be able to manage a game for the other 89 mins.

But yeah if I’m ever refereeing over your neck of the woods I’ll give u boys a shout, bring your popcorn and buckle up lol.

Your more than welcome like I said the ironic thing is besides the customery howler my games generally go well, In a way I’m thinking maybe it’s better to get a law wrong than not be able to manage a game for the other 89 mins.

But yeah if I’m ever refereeing over your neck of the woods I’ll give u boys a shout, bring your popcorn and buckle up lol.
OK, well might be a bit late in the season, but I think we owe it to RefChat members to set something up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back