A&H

Junior football goal recording

They still can be used at lower levels, but it does make it more difficult to demonstrate that you are following the defined procedure.
Not with the skins I use. Enough room to write number (inside a little shirt) and then plenty room to write the name, time and offence.

The Referee Store
Not with the skins I use. Enough room to write number (inside a little shirt) and then plenty room to write the name, time and offence.
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said they could still be used. But it isn't eas easy as it used to be, and for me limits the benefit of write ons.

Opposite end of the spectrum here... I love write on yellow.
Just tried a couple of games back to old school notepad and it just doesn't work for me.
There are lots of instances where getting the yellow out in hand aids match control.
Not least it can stop opposition asking for a yellow they can see is in my hand and the offender can't use the only listening to them ref.
Eventually you will find what works for you and you'll stick with it... Maybe give the write ons a go? You might just love it
Can you post a picture of what your skin looks like? And I don't mean anything of you in the nude!

I use those with a Sharpie - it's rain-proof and allows for quick and easy notes. Genuinely the most weather-resistant method available.

But yes, agree with you as well, you have to accept only writing shirt numbers for those.

Yeh, I mean the problem there is the skin doesn't allow for proper process
And what pen do you use? Don't you get issues in the rain and so on?
In what way? I have the extra large ones so there is still room to write the name, number etc.
Been using these for c. 3 years and approx 8 or 9 observations later have yet to be pulled up on caution procedure.

I use a sharpie and just last week discovered the retractable sharpie which will improve my life immeasurably.

Genuinely the most weather-resistant method available.
In Southern California, rain isn't usually a big issue for us, especially since most fields will close from even modest rain to avoid the damage to the grass with most fields being over-used already. But after a particular drenching, I went with the space pen and waterproof notebook, which is even more water resistant--can literally hold it underwater and write on it. Overkill, but on those rare rain games, I find it a nice to have. (And it was an excuse to get a new toy . . .)

I use those with a Sharpie - it's rain-proof and allows for quick and easy notes. Genuinely the most weather-resistant method available.

But yes, agree with you as well, you have to accept only writing shirt numbers for those.
I still carry the notebook with names written in, on the off chance this method fails and for red cards the book comes out first anyhow unless its a quick one.

I use a sharpie and just last week discovered the retractable sharpie which will improve my life immeasurably.
Until you forget to click it closed and stick it back in a short pocket . . . though I guess with a black shirt that is less of an issue than our bright yellow (which is the primary shirt for US grassroots)

It's ridiculous, but after 200+ games, I still haven't found a satisfactory solution to the notebook quandary. How can this even be a thing!?
1) The plastic notebooks are awful
2) I'm not keen on regular notepads which don't have the 'match card' layout
3) I definitely don't want to be writing on the yellow card in any way. The card is the last thing that comes out of my pocket, not the first!
4) My writing can become illegible when my hands get wet
In games like I had yesterday, in which there was a lot of sanctions/misconduct, I've had times when it's difficult to decipher my own scribblings
Which is insane. How difficult can it be?
I’m the same. I can’t find a comfortable way of writing in the book and once my hands are cold the writing is a scribble across the page! This way seems to make it slightly easier!

Until you forget to click it closed and stick it back in a short pocket . . . though I guess with a black shirt that is less of an issue than our bright yellow (which is the primary shirt for US grassroots)

Better than with a traditional Sharpie when you take the lid off with your teeth and end up drawing all over your face in front of the player you are about to caution. Said this a few times recently, but not my finest moment 😂

I have actually been bought a left handed notebook and ruler before 😂
I was having a nightmare once when I was younger with a bit of DIY and my dad went to the shed and returned with a "leftie screwdriver" for me. Hours later I realised. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I was having a nightmare once when I was younger with a bit of DIY and my dad went to the shed and returned with a "leftie screwdriver" for me. Hours later I realised. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I hear leftie screw drivers are good for opening the tins of tartan paint.

I use these for most games.
The white card has plenty of rooms for subs names on one side and cautions the other side.

Or you can write on the cards themselves if you’re happy pulling a coloured card out straight away.

I tend to write on the yellow, there’s room for name, shirt number, caution code and minutes.

Then if I’m dismissing a player I’ll write on the white card and then pull the red out as my final act.

The cards are laminated and a sharpie wipes off easily with the help of a cloth and some spray.

Attachments

• F9A48A61-0A5F-47DD-A1D7-590897AFBD0B.jpeg
    F9A48A61-0A5F-47DD-A1D7-590897AFBD0B.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 26
I've read through the entire thread and I think most people's problem is that they are in too big a hurry to complete the process. If you just slow down and take your time your writing will be more legible, and you won't forget to close your retractable sharpie.

I've read through the entire thread and I think most people's problem is that they are in too big a hurry to complete the process. If you just slow down and take your time your writing will be more legible, and you won't forget to close your retractable sharpie.
For me it’s not about speed but about convenience and ease. I like to think it looks better smooth recording than fiddling with a book. But also with neutral AR’s I’d rather note it quicker and be looking at the FOP instead of in the book especially after goals etc.

I'm reasonably sure that you only have to take the name, you don't have to note it.

I always ask for the name but I never note it. Quite often the name is not English and I might be there a while getting it spelled out. I make a habit of checking the names after the match.

Back