A&H

Junior football goal recording

bmace3

Started this today, instead of using a match report sheet for junior football where mostly only recording goals. I just stuck a label sticker on the front of my notebook to record goals. Worked a treat and nice and quick.

I do find writing in the notebook fiddly at times so this is a quick solution. Will still use notebook for OA and older ages.

Thought it might help any others who just do junior football.

The Referee Store
Whatever works. For me it takes so little time to flip open and write down that I’ve never seen a need for something else. (I keep the book in a front shorts pocket where it is easy to get out.)

Whatever works. For me it takes so little time to flip open and write down that I’ve never seen a need for something else. (I keep the book in a front shorts pocket where it is easy to get out.)
I just find writing in the book really awkward. Don’t know if it’s being left handed or what. I’ve just never found it comfortable

It's ridiculous, but after 200+ games, I still haven't found a satisfactory solution to the notebook quandary. How can this even be a thing!?
1) The plastic notebooks are awful
2) I'm not keen on regular notepads which don't have the 'match card' layout
3) I definitely don't want to be writing on the yellow card in any way. The card is the last thing that comes out of my pocket, not the first!
4) My writing can become illegible when my hands get wet
In games like I had yesterday, in which there was a lot of sanctions/misconduct, I've had times when it's difficult to decipher my own scribblings
Which is insane. How difficult can it be?

It's ridiculous, but after 200+ games, I still haven't found a satisfactory solution to the notebook quandary. How can this even be a thing!?
3) I definitely don't want to be writing on the yellow card in any way. The card is the last thing that comes out of my pocket, not the first!
In games like I had yesterday, in which there was a lot of sanctions/misconduct, I've had times when it's difficult to decipher my own scribblings
Why not employ Anubis to do the writing for you? 🤔😁

Opposite end of the spectrum here... I love write on yellow.
Just tried a couple of games back to old school notepad and it just doesn't work for me.
There are lots of instances where getting the yellow out in hand aids match control.
Not least it can stop opposition asking for a yellow they can see is in my hand and the offender can't use the only listening to them ref.
Eventually you will find what works for you and you'll stick with it... Maybe give the write ons a go? You might just love it

Opposite end of the spectrum here... I love write on yellow.
Just tried a couple of games back to old school notepad and it just doesn't work for me.
There are lots of instances where getting the yellow out in hand aids match control.
Not least it can stop opposition asking for a yellow they can see is in my hand and the offender can't use the only listening to them ref.
Eventually you will find what works for you and you'll stick with it... Maybe give the write ons a go? You might just love it
There's a reason most top-level officials use write-on cards: it's simply the best method!

There's a reason most top-level officials use write-on cards: it's simply the best method!
or they are told to...... ;)

Lets not go there (Countless already threads on here), but we all know that what is 'best practice' at the the top, isn't necessarily 'correct' for the rest of us mere mortals.

It's also a lot easier as they can flash the cards. They still can be used at lower levels, but it does make it more difficult to demonstrate that you are following the defined procedure.

It's also a lot easier as they can flash the cards. They still can be used at lower levels, but it does make it more difficult to demonstrate that you are following the defined procedure.
Exactly - at the lower levels we're hamstrung by being locked into an outdated procedure.

Back