A&H

It was nice while it lasted...

The Referee Store
Yes, it is confirmed as being allowed again in all tiers. The only issue will be where leagues span tiers 2 and 3 as teams won't be able to travel between the two.

it's so frustrating, all i want is games!

appreciate it's a unique situation / season where availability is close to 100% and there's less games to go around but it's frustrating having barely ever had a free saturday before

In December, I have 2 midweek supply league middles.

Just had a Vase 2nd round line for December 5th.

I think there is a lot of shuffling around with Vase and Trophy games and i expect more fixtures will come out as those quick succession ties in those competitions work their way through.

In December, I have 2 midweek supply league middles.

Just had a Vase 2nd round line for December 5th.

I think there is a lot of shuffling around with Vase and Trophy games and i expect more fixtures will come out as those quick succession ties in those competitions work their way through.

nice appointmnet! unfortunately the way the draws have gone there's no local teams at home in either the trophy or vase next round for me

nice appointmnet! unfortunately the way the draws have gone there's no local teams at home in either the trophy or vase next round for me

Yeah but if you've got local teams that go out of the competition, then they will probably look to squeeze them in with outstanding league games to help them ease the backlog of fixtures, so more opportunities to pick up games.

Likewise I've seen a fair amount of fluidity in terms of appointments this season with lots of late reappointments happening for various reasons

Yeah but if you've got local teams that go out of the competition, then they will probably look to squeeze them in with outstanding league games to help them ease the backlog of fixtures, so more opportunities to pick up games.

Likewise I've seen a fair amount of fluidity in terms of appointments this season with lots of late reappointments happening for various reasons

just not something i've seen up here unfortunately

there's so many refs, all of whom are available with less games! hopefully it'll get back to normal next season!

The only issue will be where leagues span tiers 2 and 3 as teams won't be able to travel between the two.
Is this bit confirmed? I've been given fixtures next month for teams in different tiers playing each other, and I'm currently in the highest tier going to tier 2 locations

not much dusting off required, i've only got 1 supply / contrib game in december despite full availability :(
Same here @es1
Reckon we’re same pool so I understand the frustration. At least I’ve got a Boxing Day local derby to look forward to but it’ll be nearly two months since last game unless I pick up a spare.

Is this bit confirmed? I've been given fixtures next month for teams in different tiers playing each other, and I'm currently in the highest tier going to tier 2 locations
Its unclear I think. These two lines from the Tier 3 guidelines contradict each other slightly

• you can continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, but should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
  • avoid travelling to other parts of the UK, including for overnight stays other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey

In the previous tier system referees could travel in and out of tier 3 areas, but teams couldn't. I saw an email from the FA today saying they are seeking guidance from DCMS around the regulations on travelling between tiers.

Same here @es1
Reckon we’re same pool so I understand the frustration. At least I’ve got a Boxing Day local derby to look forward to but it’ll be nearly two months since last game unless I pick up a spare.

I forget the official name but north east counties / Yorkshire pool? Which boxing day game do you have?!

The one where Welfare plays Main. 😇😉

Best of luck! Had Mr Haycock on my line earlier this season, top bloke and lino.

I'll be seeking out a game to go watch boxing day but that's too far away, I'll be sticking closer to Leeds!

Best of luck! Had Mr Haycock on my line earlier this season, top bloke and lino.

I'll be seeking out a game to go watch boxing day but that's too far away, I'll be sticking closer to Leeds!
Yes, worked with him last season. A bit of EFL quality shines through and I hope it’ll rub off on me.
Emley/Campion stands out IMO but for something a bit closer to Leeds, Ammers/Penistone should be good.

Yes, worked with him last season. A bit of EFL quality shines through and I hope it’ll rub off on me.
Emley/Campion stands out IMO but for something a bit closer to Leeds, Ammers/Penistone should be good.

Yep, ammers is what I've got my eye on, practically walking distance for me.

This is disapointing news though...must be a high change the season is delayed

Just for a little extra view from up here in Finland. It does look totally bizarre that the UK has just announced the return of fans to grounds and the effective relaxation of measures in some areas. We are on a wholly different scale up here.

Decision-making here is based on the two-week-cases-per-100k, which seems a fairly sensible way to track and compare. We are nationally on 78 cases per two weeks per hundred thousand. The UK, along with France and Spain around 450.

Only Iceland now under 50, Austria and Italy much much higher (which is why they must stop arguing and agree on the ski resorts - that fuelled the EU outbreak last season!)

So, we have around a 6th of the cases proportionally, and we have just upped all measures including shutting all grassroots adult sport for three weeks. I took a snotty 8 year old for a state test last night. 5 min drive in wait, negative result in 15 hours.

I am TBH pretty aghast at how complex (and sometimes arbitrary) the UK measures are. And I guess my point is: I am pretty amazed there is any non elite sport or fans being considered at all at the moment while the UK is still racking up @20k cases per day. If you've got some games, stay safe and consider it a privilege.

Just for a little extra view from up here in Finland. It does look totally bizarre that the UK has just announced the return of fans to grounds and the effective relaxation of measures in some areas. We are on a wholly different scale up here.

Decision-making here is based on the two-week-cases-per-100k, which seems a fairly sensible way to track and compare. We are nationally on 78 cases per two weeks per hundred thousand. The UK, along with France and Spain around 450.

Only Iceland now under 50, Austria and Italy much much higher (which is why they must stop arguing and agree on the ski resorts - that fuelled the EU outbreak last season!)

So, we have around a 6th of the cases proportionally, and we have just upped all measures including shutting all grassroots adult sport for three weeks. I took a snotty 8 year old for a state test last night. 5 min drive in wait, negative result in 15 hours.

I am TBH pretty aghast at how complex (and sometimes arbitrary) the UK measures are. And I guess my point is: I am pretty amazed there is any non elite sport or fans being considered at all at the moment while the UK is still racking up @20k cases per day. If you've got some games, stay safe and consider it a privilege.
Sweden had fans for most of it with high cases and low hospital cases so we just followed them as there death rate is very small.

Back