A&H

Gone to the Dark Side :)

The Referee Store
Can I ask what age group your match was?

Funny sometimes share with rugby refs - they all love it!
Do you think the match fee thing is part of difference - ie we're getting paid to take sh1t? That's a common comment about the money I would hear - that we get far too much.

@HullRef Just out of interest, how do the match fees (if any) compare between rugby and football?
Yeah, no match fee, just expenses at 40p a mile or actual travel costs. But when you get to a fairly decent level (about football level 4/5 equivalent) you travel out of town. A mate went to leamington from Hull and got about £120, fuel only cost him about half so it is sometimes worth it. The refs though are generally more committed than some football ones because they are ex players who are either too old or injured, no one id just doing it for the money.

Can I ask what age group your match was?

Funny sometimes share with rugby refs - they all love it!
Do you think the match fee thing is part of difference - ie we're getting paid to take sh1t? That's a common comment about the money I would hear - that we get far too much.
It was open age men's.

As I have said above, because there is little money in it, the refs generally love the game and know what players want from a referee ad the players seem to respect this. But i hate the argument in football that we get paid to receive abuse because we don't!!!!!
We get paid to make sure that the 22 is players involved enjoy their match, they play it safely and within the LOTG!!!

Back