A&H

Open Age First game of the new year... First ever 3 card trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,we're back to referees failing to carry out the basic duty and apply the LOTG....then dressing it up to try and disguise their incompetence.

There is no hope for this game with those attitudes on display.....why bother picking up the whistle if you can't be bothered to do the job properly?

The Referee Store
I am talking about OFFINABUS. Would you like someone to explain the difference?

Where do you draw the line though? Obviously you think "d##k" is an S6 offence. We can safely assume that c##t and cheat would be S6s for you too, but what else? Cad? Rotter? Bounder? Fool? Idiot? Daft Apeth? Tit? Gibbon? What is the mildest word you would S6 for? or what's the worst word you wouldn't send off for?

I've got to be honest, as the OP was written I'm not concerned by the player using the f word as an adjective, I'm really not offended or insulted or abused by the term "d##k" - that's pretty mild compared to what could be said, which makes me think he's not trying to be offensive. The reason why I think action must taken, and law must be applied against this player, is because of the aggressive attitude and shouting manner. That cannot be ignored and simply must be acted upon.

Where do you draw the line though? Obviously you think "d##k" is an S6 offence. We can safely assume that c##t and cheat would be S6s for you too, but what else? Cad? Rotter? Bounder? Fool? Idiot? Daft Apeth? Tit? Gibbon? What is the mildest word you would S6 for? or what's the worst word you wouldn't send off for?

I've got to be honest, as the OP was written I'm not concerned by the player using the f word as an adjective, I'm really not offended or insulted or abused by the term "d##k" - that's pretty mild compared to what could be said, which makes me think he's not trying to be offensive. The reason why I think action must taken, and law must be applied against this player, is because of the aggressive attitude and shouting manner. That cannot be ignored and simply must be acted upon.

Again, as has been said countless times, it is down to contect, manner, and delivery amongst other things not just the word

Softest ive sent off for? Probably a player calling me "braindead"

See herts, to me that's a caution. It's not that we don't apply the LOTG properly because until we're supplied with a list of every single word classed under OFFINABUS then there will clearly be differences of opinion!

How? That is clearly insulting? It's not about the words either, but the delivery intent etc...

And that isn't a differing opinionx, that is quite simply failing to apply the LOTG

and in the real world (sort of, well).... Rooney just now tells the referee to f*ck off live on tv when he doesn't like a decision :D

less than 10 yards away, looking right at each other

Well it quite clearly is a differing opinion, I invite to come and watch one of my games then tell me I don't apply the laws properly...

By youre own admission you dont apply the LOTG properly if you dont red card people for OFFINABUS

If Brum wasn't 2 hours away, Id happily take you up on that offer.

But IMO the comment warrants a caution, so I am applying the LOTG by cautioning him/her. By my judgement the comment doesn't warrant a red card!

By youre own admission you dont apply the LOTG properly if you dont red card people for OFFINABUS

If Brum wasn't 2 hours away, Id happily take you up on that offer.

But he does when in HIS OPINION (in the LOTG the Referee) Offensive, Insulting and/or Abusive words or gestures have been used,

But IMO the comment warrants a caution, so I am applying the LOTG by cautioning him/her. By my judgement the comment doesn't warrant a red card!

Then your judgement is lacking and you need to understand the concept that words/actions can be offensive etc without the need for anyone to actually feel offended etc.....

He's lacking in the judgment to hear with the god knows how many thousand people there shouting in one ear and his two assistants shouting sometimes offensive language in the other.

Then your judgement is lacking and you need to understand the concept that words/actions can be offensive etc without the need for anyone to actually feel offended etc.....

And you need to understand that different people in different situations may find words offensive, insulting or abusive.

Opinions... just one of the things that makes our beautiful game that little bit more special!

The referee just got told to F off by Rooney, is he lacking?

Yes, if he heard it.

But then having had some frank discussions with select group officials over the years, I know that they have a major problem with S6.
Off the record they will happily admit that if they applied the LOTG correctly for it they wouldn't be in the select group for long......because clubs view S6 dismissals as 'cheap' and would be furious to have their £100k a week player sat out for 2 matches because the referee couldn't accept being sworn at.......
Most of them will hide behind not hearing it because of the noise of the crowd.......

Yes, if he heard it.

But then having had some frank discussions with select group officials over the years, I know that they have a major problem with S6.
Off the record they will happily admit that if they applied the LOTG correctly for it they wouldn't be in the select group for long......because clubs view S6 dismissals as 'cheap' and would be furious to have their £100k a week player sat out for 2 matches because the referee couldn't accept being sworn at.......
Most of them will hide behind not hearing it because of the noise of the crowd.......

One notable one here is when Graham Poll sent off an Everton player for calling him a cheat. He got absolutely slaughtered for it but in my eyes its one of the best decisions I've ever seen

Is now a bad time to point out the being sworn at doesn't bother me? I'm not saying I'd never send off for it but I wouldn't feel insulted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back