A&H

Open Age First game of the new year... First ever 3 card trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallumRushton13

Level 6 Referee
Don't you just love some players?? The sort of player who is easily better than anyone else, but can't keep his mouth shut...

Tried the stepped approach with him... Quiet word as I passed. Then obvious work at break in play. Called captain over and have him a public rebuke and final warning... All to no use and on 35 minutes he goes in the book c2... "Sorry ref, I'll stay quiet for the rest of the game"

Tbf to him he did stay quiet for a good 10 minutes!! Last throw in before half time he asks the CAR to go get the ball for him, AR replies with "that's not my job"... Player very aggressively shouts "just get the f****** ball you d***"... Cue second yellow for c1 AA...

Explained to captain why he was off and he is very understanding, happy days.

Two other yellows followed later to seperate player both for reckless play, felt like I was babysitting a bunch of kids with all the whining, not refereeing arguably the best team in the division... Ahh well, roll on next week

The Referee Store
Not offensive insulting or abusive imo... More aggressive...

I know what you're thinking thoigh as I was thinking the same myself... Took a post match discussion with a level4 colleague I fully convince myself I was right

Sorry? That's nailed on OFFINABUS

Text book case.

If I was the AR and the ref didnt walk them for that I would be very unhappy.

I know what you're thinking thoigh as I was thinking the same myself... Took a post match discussion with a level4 colleague I fully convince myself I was right

If you were thinking it, why didn't you do it?

And don't take everything that level 4 and above refs say as gospel.....they have a vested interest in not dealing with S6.......

In some areas you greet people as a D*** so it isn't that bad. The fact he's shouted it and already on a yellow a yellow is probably right, the CFA can upgrade it if they wish.

In some areas you greet people as a D*** so it isn't that bad. The fact he's shouted it and already on a yellow a yellow is probably right, the CFA can upgrade it if they wish.
I have never come across that. People really greet each other with the term d*ck? :) as in "alright d*ck, you down the pub later for a few?"

Come on gents - Callum was the ref on the day, he felt it warranted a (second) caution. We weren't there, he was. You may have done things differently but that does not mean Callum is wrong. In fact, him doing something and not just ignoring it, sounds about right to me.

[

If someone calls me that he walks; by extension a player calls an AR that - even a club one - and he takes the same road all day long.

I have never come across that. People really greet each other with the term d*ck? :) as in "alright d*ck, you down the pub later for a few?"

Come on gents - Callum was the ref on the day, he felt it warranted a (second) caution. We weren't there, he was. You may have done things differently but that does not mean Callum is wrong. In fact, him doing something and not just ignoring it, sounds about right to me.
Short for Richard. :)

I hear that sort of greeting regularly. Don't understand it but hey-ho.

OT: Regardless of whether it was straight red or second caution you reached the same outcome so not too much to worry about although if he were aggressive when saying it I'd send him off.

If you've laid out your rules before on language then you could. I make it clear that I have a very low tolerance for bad language, especially if directed at me. Call me a d*ck then you may meet my yellow and red friends tom and Harry!

How can you say that if you weren't there?

Depending on the volume, manner it was said it could range from nothing, a word, a caution and a red.

Not relevent as it is quite clearly offensive in the words. If you say it quietly its still offensive!

Not relevent as it is quite clearly offensive in the words. If you say it quietly its still offensive!

I suppose it's down to the opinion of the referee, the context it was said in, the volume, they're factors which I use to decide on what action to take when making a decision on a comment.

If you view it as a red and a different referee views it differently then that's fine. We're never going to be consistent on such things (as a group of referees) as every situation is different the same as every referee.

I do not find the word d*** offensive or insulting... A number if other refs I know feel the same. I do find his manner aggressive however. Report will go in today and I will speak to my rdo/coach for their opinion...

I do not find the word d*** offensive or insulting... A number if other refs I know feel the same. I do find his manner aggressive however. Report will go in today and I will speak to my rdo/coach for their opinion...

As its a double caution on the wholegame system you don't actually need to write a report.

I would though just to cover yourself.

Text book case.

If I was the AR and the ref didnt walk them for that I would be very unhappy.

If you were thinking it, why didn't you do it?

And don't take everything that level 4 and above refs say as gospel.....they have a vested interest in not dealing with S6.......

Didn't do it as I was unsure, both feasible in my eyes and a second yellow was an easier sell...

As its a double caution on the wholegame system you don't actually need to write a report.

I would though just to cover yourself.
Do you not?? New to me...

Anyway message just sent to coach, who is a well respected level 3 and was given to me through the north west development group so as far as I'm concerned what he says is as close to gospel as I'm going to get...

Would the report (to cover myself) go in through wholegame also?? I may actually ring my cfa chief exec tomorrow to be sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back