A&H

First cards !!!!!!

I think Ms Ciley was questioning the second yellow at the kick off of the second half. I’ve had nutty dissent at a kick off after a goal but that sounds really odd. What happened there?
Well I’d warned him about putting the ball on the spot at kick off correctly and was just getting a load of lip off of him !! So when it came to the second half KO he just kept on I am not silly I know when it’s banter or complete undermineing

The Referee Store
Well I’d warned him about putting the ball on the spot at kick off correctly and was just getting a load of lip off of him !! So when it came to the second half KO he just kept on I am not silly I know when it’s banter or complete undermineing

Also the same boy when I sent him off whent up to his dad and told him to
Piss OFF !!!! So you may have an idea of what I was dealing with I have no compunction that I did completely correct

All my Sunday games are U13s and U14s

Ive had to YC about 4 in last 10 games for dissent.

A manager asked me last Sunday why i had sent the caution in and what the lad had said to me, i told him it was three weeks ago i cant recall the exact words as im doing 4/5 games most weekends.

The managers in our league are not used to the refs sending in the cards which creates a problem for the ones who are doing it properly.

We need to all do it more !! It’s not just lads football !!! Is it when you get talked to and abused like that they might get away with it at school but unfortunately not with me

I hope the caution then was for, delaying the restart of play?
Unless you can justify his actions as being an act of dissent? Is it really dissent by word or action to not want to take the kick off? Because afterall, you cant force him to...

I get asked if I will be sending in cautions. I thought it was an urban myth that refs don't send them in.
Agreed. I've had players ask optimistically and just ignored it, but the closest any manager has ever come is a few who have asked what I'm submitting it as. One because it was a DOGSO and he wasn't sure if that was the case or if I thought it was a particularly bad tackle, and other other who wanted to know if a caution was dissent so he knew if he should levy an extra fine to the player. No manager has ever asked me not to submit anything.

I hope the caution then was for, delaying the restart of play?
Unless you can justify his actions as being an act of dissent? Is it really dissent by word or action to not want to take the kick off? Because afterall, you cant force him to...
No I can’t force him to kick off !!!! But he was being sarcastic to me quite vocally ! He’d bee cautioned before so
That was it rightly or wrongly !!! I think I was right otherwise I lose control ! And if you read what I said about the way he told his father to P—s OFF you can see what kind of boy I was dealing with

No I can’t force him to kick off !!!! But he was being sarcastic to me quite vocally ! He’d bee cautioned before so
That was it rightly or wrongly !!! I think I was right otherwise I lose control ! And if you read what I said about the way he told his father to P—s OFF you can see what kind of boy I was dealing with

By the sounds of the melee and scenes after your game, i fear from what i read that control was long since lost....
You have allowed the coach to remain at the sideline after swearing at you? Why? What justification can you give for this please?

By the sounds of the melee and scenes after your game, i fear from what i read that control was long since lost....
You have allowed the coach to remain at the sideline after swearing at you? Why? What justification can you give for this please?
I have to give you no justification at all I did what I thought was RIGHT !! I don’t need to answer the way you patronise on this group I can’t have been that wrong as the away team manager said I handled it all very well and he was going to give me full marks
And also got him he’s whole team to shake my hand so now go figure

I have to give you no justification at all I did what I thought was RIGHT !! I don’t need to answer the way you patronise on this group I can’t have been that wrong as the away team manager said I handled it all very well and he was going to give me full marks
And also got him he’s whole team to shake my hand so now go figure

If the coach has been swearing at you and you took no action and/or allowed him to remain at the touchline then believe me, you can put what the away team thought into the bin and refer you to page 64 of the LOTG re the behaviour re team officials, and if in your opinion having a coach of a U13 team swearing at you is that person acting responsibly, then, your view of responsible behaviour deviates greatly from mine, not only should he not be acting like that towards you, being responsible for children he should not be acting like that full stop.
In a lot of the cases, as has been discussed on here till the cows come home, a team, esp kids, behaviour and attitude mirrors that of the coach. So, of course you had to be here, but, get rid of the bad apple (the coach) and you minimize your problems, to allow him off the hook gives his team the impression that the coaches behaviour is ok, so they will mirror it, and bang you have your unruly team.
So to sum up, you think its right to have a coach swearing at you. You are allowed that view point. I do not think its right and would be taking proactive action which in turn would hopefully enhance my match control.
The gratitude of a u13 team on my handling of a game, whilst a nice thought, has no influence or bearing on ones referee performance.

Miley be kind Zimms is a new ref. I do agree with Miley and you need to use it as a learning curve. OFFINABUS from a manger is the same as from a player and needs to be dealt with the same. If you are allowing the manager to swear at you the kids are going to think it is ok. That is why you bin the manger. The laws are their to protect you. You should not be sworn at by anyone while reffing especially by a coach in youth footie. It is difficult the first time you have to remove a manger the same as your first red, abandonment etc. Next time remember the fish rots from its head.

All my Sunday games are U13s and U14s

Ive had to YC about 4 in last 10 games for dissent.

A manager asked me last Sunday why i had sent the caution in and what the lad had said to me, i told him it was three weeks ago i cant recall the exact words as im doing 4/5 games most weekends.

The managers in our league are not used to the refs sending in the cards which creates a problem for the ones who are doing it properly.

I get asked if I will be sending in cautions. I thought it was an urban myth that refs don't send them in.

Literally the norm where I'm from until 5-10 years ago. Apart from County Cups and league matches with one or two of the younger refs, I'd say 2/3s of all cards I received were never 'sent in' until the latter stages of my fading amateur career. Thinking about it, at junior level (I'm going back 25 years now) yellow cards were very rarely sent in indeed. It was a bit of an unwritten law that yellow cards never got sent in (unless you abused the ref), only reds.

Normally, the older refs would approach the player and the manager at the end of the game and if you apologised to the ref it was never sent in.

Bare in mind that back then the ref would have to fill in a report (if he had any in his drawer!) and mail it to the league if he had any stamps lol.

The younger refs on here will think I've got two heads but that is just how junior football was back then and it was just normal to us.

You have allowed the coach to remain at the sideline after swearing at you? Why? What justification can you give for this please?[

Can I remind you respectfully that this is the "New Referees" section please. Asking someone to justify why they have done something is not acceptable, and certainly not in this particular part of the forum.

Can I remind you respectfully that this is the "New Referees" section please. Asking someone to justify why they have done something is not acceptable, and certainly not in this particular part of the forum.

Some folk learn best by being encouraged to work things out themselves. Self examination of the thinking behind considering the coaches conduct as acceptable should then lead to the conclusion that in hindsight it was not, and thus the referee will inwardly know how best to handle said situation in the future. That was the message behind my post. I will take more care in the future

Thank you I totally agree I have blocked that member he or she never seem to help only criticise

Back