A&H

Open Age First Adult Game as AR and boot Issues

Young173

Level 7 Referee
I have decided to take refereeing back up after a 6/7year break. I never refereed adults in that time and haven't got my criminal check back yet. Instead of jumping into the deep end I thought a few AR roles would be better to learn from the referee and see how he controls the game etc. Strangely my only concern is I don't have any completely black boots yet, amazon haven't delivered them yet. How much of an issue is not having black boots? It seems a lot of referees see it as a major issue on here.

Also, I got moved from one county FA to the one next to it due to my proximity on the border, the issue is I don't drive so remaining in my initial county where I work and have a travel card to get around would have been preferable. Are there any rules on which county you should belong to? Its also annoying as I need to change all of my badges on my kits. I will probably keep on with the old country FA badge for nostalgia.

The Referee Store
I have decided to take refereeing back up after a 6/7year break. I never refereed adults in that time and haven't got my criminal check back yet. Instead of jumping into the deep end I thought a few AR roles would be better to learn from the referee and see how he controls the game etc. Strangely my only concern is I don't have any completely black boots yet, amazon haven't delivered them yet. How much of an issue is not having black boots? It seems a lot of referees see it as a major issue on here.

Also, I got moved from one county FA to the one next to it due to my proximity on the border, the issue is I don't drive so remaining in my initial county where I work and have a travel card to get around would have been preferable. Are there any rules on which county you should belong to? Its also annoying as I need to change all of my badges on my kits. I will probably keep on with the old country FA badge for nostalgia.
as a level 7 can u done wessex league ar

Strangely my only concern is I don't have any completely black boots yet, amazon haven't delivered them yet. How much of an issue is not having black boots?
"I don't have black boots, happy to sit out untill I get them or I can help wearing these ones I have for now." I'm struggling to think of anyone who would say sit out.

Not having black boots isn’t really an issue. I think it is mainly so you don’t draw unwanted attention to your self but it’s not a written rule, and I don’t think anyone would recommend you not doing games until you get the “right” boots.

My boots are Copa Mundials so are technically black and white but that’s okay!

I use Copa Mudials, never raised an eyebrow. For a while it was really hard to find black or predominantly black boots. They seem to be back in now.

I use Copa Mudials, never raised an eyebrow. For a while it was really hard to find black or predominantly black boots. They seem to be back in now.
1620731187133.png
I use these haha.

Got a bit of a raised eyebrow when I AR'd in our top league a few weeks back because apparently these are for artificial ground?

View attachment 4948
I use these haha.

Got a bit of a raised eyebrow when I AR'd in our top league a few weeks back because apparently these are for artificial ground?

yeah they absolutely are

i've got a similar pair that i'll wear in summer when the ground is extremely hard, a pair of moulds i'll wear the majority of the season unless it's an absolute bog when the studs come out

Yeah I have a spare pair of old white/black/pink Nike mercurials from when I used to play for that, but I think that will be the odd game out for me and those artificial ground boots will do. It’s more of a comfort thing since I don’t have to worry about kicking anymore

You won't be allowed to wear astros on many artificial pitches, and genuine AstroTurf pitches aren't on the approved list.

Nothing wrong with black pair of trainers on the line if it's hard ground. Running the line is a boot wrecker.

You won't be allowed to wear astros on many artificial pitches

Something must have got lost in translation. By 'astros' I mean football boots which are specifically designed to be used on artificial surfaces.

I'm reasonably confident they can be worn on artificial surfaces, firstly because that's what they are designed for and secondly because I have been wearing on them on artificial surfaces regularly since the late 90s.

Something must have got lost in translation. By 'astros' I mean football boots which are specifically designed to be used on artificial surfaces.

I'm reasonably confident they can be worn on artificial surfaces, firstly because that's what they are designed for and secondly because I have been wearing on them on artificial surfaces regularly since the late 90s.

It seems that some very protective pitch owners are saying that traditional astro boots, i.e. those with the multiple pimples on the sole, are not allowed and you can only wear moulded studs. I think it is a nonsense myself.

Astro are designed to be warn on a specific type of artificial pitch, they aren't designed for 3G/4G era pitches.
The manufacturer recommendations for many of these new pitches stipulate moulds only.

Astro turf trainers flatten the pile diminishing the lifespan of the pitch, as they aren't cheap to replace even one more years use can be important.
If it's a match pitch to maintain quality is especially important as they have to be graded every few years and meet a minimum standard.

Astro are designed to be warn on a specific type of artificial pitch, they aren't designed for 3G/4G era pitches.
The manufacturer recommendations for many of these new pitches stipulate moulds only.

Astro turf trainers flatten the pile diminishing the lifespan of the pitch, as they aren't cheap to replace even one more years use can be important.
If it's a match pitch to maintain quality is especially important as they have to be graded every few years and meet a minimum standard.
So they would ban running shoes, too?

Back