A&H

Finding fame

The Referee Store
Agreed. I know how it works
Just saying... the overall standard of officiating is poor (worse than ever at the top level imo) so I take an interest in the dynamics of why that is so

Anyone who makes it to the higher echolons of refereeing is an elite individual. But that's not enough tho
I just act to provoke discussion. I'm not one for just accepting the status quo. I challenge the modus operandi when things aren't right
Don't think that can be attributed to lack of teamwork as they obviously have comms, and at that level the ARs and 4th official do come in quickly with advice because they can do so discreetly. Anthony Taylor mentions it in his recent podcast interview, in that within milliseconds of something happening you can have both ARs, 4th official, and multiple players in your ear, with VAR not far behind. They will obviously also obviously have far more trust in their ARs as they work with them week in week out, that is a lot different to an L4 doing his first game with an L5, 6 or 7.

I'd say if anything it is uncertainty around VAR that is affecting the referees if anything.

Back