A&H

Finding fame

es1

RefChat Addict
Big mistake from myself and plenty to learn from, but why does the manager feel the need to lie!? Gave the pen immediately, apologised at the end of the game...but otherwise it's spot on 🤣

The Referee Store
Big mistake from myself and plenty to learn from, but why does the manager feel the need to lie!? Gave the pen immediately, apologised at the end of the game...but otherwise it's spot on 🤣

Managers seem to have funny memories sometimes... according to the manager here the goalkeeper and attacker were six feet away from each other 🤷‍♂️
1644748340401.png

• Haha
Reactions: es1
Managers seem to have funny memories sometimes... according to the manager here the goalkeeper and attacker were six feet away from each other 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 5451
I've said many times before, given the opportunity and right circumstances, 'managers and players (the hyenas) will quickly forget about yapping with one another if Ref blood touches the senses. Forming such a pact is in their DNA

I might look at Social Media if a game has gone well, but it wouldn't occur to me to search for any reporting on other games

Did you think of correcting it at the time?

Spoken to a few mates/refs and they've suggested I could have fudged a discussion with the junior AR to overturn, but didn't cross my mind at the time. Other than that I felt I had to stick to my guns.

Mainly the player reaction. You know when you've messed up and that was one of those times.
If it's an utter disaster... and you're aware of that in a heartbeat, depending on the credibility location, there is the option of legging it over to the AR to use his 'get out of jail free' card

Spoken to a few mates/refs and they've suggested I could have fudged a discussion with the junior AR to overturn, but didn't cross my mind at the time. Other than that I felt I had to stick to my guns.
Just beat me to it

Mainly the player reaction. You know when you've messed up and that was one of those times.

ok, from what you are typing, it seems you knew it was wrong
Gut feeling wont normally let you down.
there is no shame in holding hands up, nothing to be gained by being the only person thinking something is right.
def have the option of knowing you are going to change it but selling it by inventing a conversation with the lino, you thrn both come out of it well, even though ar has contributed nothing.

I mind being AR on a tv game 15 year ago, ref gave a pk, I git him over, told him there was no pk, just a tackle, he said ' am giving it' , I said, ' its not a fecking pk". He then changed it to drop ball, and made his top league debut three weeks later, roundly praised for overturning the decision. Thus was 0-0 though, it seems your mistake had no influence

I was cheated into giving a PK earlier in the season (simulation) (yes, I know, me of all people!)
The AR knew 100% it wasn't a PK, but he (rightly so at my level), gave me no indication. Nor did I use him as I'd left it late and you can't really go over based on protestations alone
The incident has stuck with me however. It'll be interesting to see what I do when the same thing happens again (which it will, to all of us!)

I was cheated into giving a PK earlier in the season (simulation) (yes, I know, me of all people!)
The AR knew 100% it wasn't a PK, but he (rightly so at my level), gave me no indication. Nor did I use him as I'd left it late and you can't really go over based on protestations alone
The incident has stuck with me however. It'll be interesting to see what I do when the same thing happens again (which it will, to all of us!)

Am no having that. If the AR knows, at any level, they are duty bound to assist.

Am no having that. If the AR knows, at any level, they are duty bound to assist.
Well, it's not something I'd want a Level 7 interfering with TBH. If I mention such things in my pre-match (at this stage), it could backfire

Few other points from the article.

he says they should have had a penalty? Whats your after thoughts on that?

he also stated you were awful. Other than this phantom penalty, how did you rate your overall performance?

I gave them 1, another wasn't (both at 5 nil). Other than that it was an ordinary game tbh with little controversy

he also stated you were awful.

I've seldom ever seen the managers pipe up to the media that we were brilliant.

It's 99% of the time "Ref's ****, 'ave it! wot a disgrace!" sort of comments.

Well, when I ended up in the papers it was cos I was 'crap', I think I gave four red cards for a melee and it was apparently my fault for the reds. Another one popped up on Twitter, saying that I cost the team the game due to 'baffling decisions' - I stopped play due to a serious collision between two players, and that stopped them having a free one on one apparently, which I absolutely know if it was the other way round it would be "Great call ref, safety first!"

Back