A&H

Evening game now no lights

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve emailed both managers put them in the picture & given them half a chance to arrange for a different ref.

If not I’ll just have to try my best, Atleast I’ve notified them that I’m struggling.

Of course every area and requirements could be different but here, the only contact I would make is the person who appointed me to the game, I would not be in touch with the club, other than to say, I have been in touch with league secretary..

The Referee Store
This particular youth league all liaison is done between managers and refs, obviously if I wasn’t gonna make it I’d advise the league Aswell as the managers & then it would be down to those three to work it out, but we’re not at that stage yet.

League secretary’s have a million and one things going on plus they’re not the ones turning up at the venue in the morning, the two teams and me are.

In all leagues I ref in all communication is between myself and the team managers unless it’s sonething outside of our remit then it would go to the league.

Intrigued, so, the teams in effect choose their own refs?

It’s 50/50 once you’ve refereed a team in the league they can liaise with you directly to arrange for future games, my game last night was the third I’ve done for them & all appointments and communication was between myself and the manager I haven’t spoken to the league once about the games, I just fill in a monthly database from the league to advise if I’ve made any agreements for that month directly & what dates I’m free.

It’s a huge league network I guess it saves a lot of admin for the organisers.

Thats a concept thats alien to me

The league secs certainly here get a financial settlement per season for their troubles, of which appointing referees is a task set in stone.

Thats a concept thats alien to me

The league secs certainly here get a financial settlement per season for their troubles, of which appointing referees is a task set in stone.

In the adult leagues i ref in its all done through the league sec all appointments and amendments but the youth league it’s a bit of both either the league can get you a game or in affect you can pick and choose who you want to ref, it’s just the way they do things, some refs assign themselves to a team for the season so they’ll ref that one team all season, crazy I know work that out..

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing folkes i pulled my calf lastnite, I can barely put weight on it.

I’m due to be ref’n tomoz morning & I really don’t want to let the clubs down as it’s a double header and there last two games of season, it’s 25 mins each way x4.

I’m thinking how on earth can i ref it with one leg, I’ll ice it today & try to find something to strap it with tomoz but what the hell do I do if i get out there tomoz and it’s agony, if I cannot keep up with play and miss things I’m gonna be in trouble.

Half of me wants to let them know I’m injured and can’t make it, half of me wants to attend the game & explain I’m injured but I’ll do my best but if I look a bit odd or far away from play then please excuse me.

I played Sunday ref’d wed night & last night it’s finnaly taken its toll.

Any advice?
That's a horrible injury and will take ages to sort out if it's a bad one, I did it a few years back playing. Best advice apart from the usual RICE is to see a sports physio who will get rid of all the scar tissue, that speeds up recovery immensely.

That's a horrible injury and will take ages to sort out if it's a bad one, I did it a few years back playing. Best advice apart from the usual RICE is to see a sports physio who will get rid of all the scar tissue, that speeds up recovery immensely.

Bag of frozen peas at the moment, i assume it’s a pulled calf I instantly felt it go lastnite and couldn’t run on it.

Tbh I need to rest for a while give my body a chance to recuperate, I’ve been carrying knocks for ages now but never give my body time to mend.

Bag of frozen peas at the moment, i assume it’s a pulled calf I instantly felt it go lastnite and couldn’t run on it.

Tbh I need to rest for a while give my body a chance to recuperate, I’ve been carrying knocks for ages now but never give my body time to mend.
That's what summer is for.

That's what summer is for.

That’s what I thought & that’s what I told the Mrs but I’ve had more games in the last two weeks than ever, I’m done after next week that’s me for the summer that’s even if I can get to next week at the minute I can hardly walk.

MIB, if you have indeed strained your calf, you can forget about running for 4 weeks, even if it's a grade 1 injury. If you see any bruising, you're looking at 12 weeks

I find 22 geezers enough of a distraction. My inexperienced inclination to keep both teams happy would go into overdrive with the ladies...

Imagine being rejected by 22 felines at the same time. Normally takes me a whole evening to notch up that many knock backs. Joking aside, I'd rather stick with the blurkes, although i'm not sure why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back