A&H

Evening game now no lights

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3014

Got a game in about half hour, any advice on light issues if it gets dark if I deem it to dangerous or visibility goes do I just blow for FT early?

The Referee Store
So blow early, ain’t even near getting started yet.

I’m to professional for all this hanging about

If there isnt going to be enough light and you know it you need to agree with both captains to reduce BOTH HALVES.
If you dont and you run out of light then you must abandon the game and report it as abandoned due to insufficient light. In any event both halves must be of equal length. You cant just blow early

Got game under way good standard u18’s all ok for most of the game THEN BANG flash point!

Goal just been scored all ok it was from a corner so box full of players, I’m facing players in box and have a wide enough view but low and behold something breaks out just behind to the left of me, the split second I turned I kinda see a player jump at another but it happened so quick & I only saw the end of it, so in all honesty I didn’t actually see what caused it or how it ended, I gaged the players reactions I got both teams apart both captains did a good job of that, two three mins later finally bit of distance between both sets of players so I could gather my thoughts, I got the low down from both ca’s which both said exactly the same (not that I would take there word as gospel anyway) but I’m a good judge of character and quick to asses situations.

It turns out that red 14 had instigated and provoked someone verbally and bent down towards him to say something whilst he lay on the floor, white 2 took exception and ran towards him in a forceful manner, I just caught the back end of it to my frustration. Both Lino’s said it was more of a chest into player and nothing more. From the vibe I was getting and from the players on both sides reaction added to the fact that I didn’t see it I’m thinking both are going in the book, one for instigating it the other for retaliating.

I was thinking unsporting behaviour from both? Does anyone agree & could you advise what this goes under on wgs?

Thanks.

For me, no sanction unless I've seen it. I don't think we're actually permitted to act on the advice of CAR's for that sort of thing - not where I'm at anyway. But I'm interested in what everyone else has to say about it...

AA..... easy..... next!!! :rolleyes:....... I think Mylie may be taking you to task though!!! :smoke: Has to be RED!!! :devil:

I’ve got no choice now I booked them both they’ve got to go through, I didn’t book them on the CA’s advice they only backed what my instincts had told me, I did catch the red running away from the scene from corner of my eye & I did see white lunge towards him. I had the jist of it & both ca’s word for word separately (parents) backed it up & said the same. I had the white anyway I just wasn’t sure of red number, I blagged the red and said what did you say to him when u bent down & he told me what he said so admited it.

So unsporting for both guys?

AA..... easy..... next!!! :rolleyes:....... I think Mylie may be taking you to task though!!! :smoke: Has to be RED!!! :devil:

I’m not in the mood for any smart Alec from Mylie I’ll end up getting myself banned on here, I’ve pulled my calf can hardly walk and my 2 yr old knocked a pint of coke over my side of the bed not the Mrs side my side :wall:

No idea from the description sorry but as above, can only base your actions on what you see
Whats heart warming is the acceptance to submit the cautions. Something that you prob do now without giving it a moments thought, so, a good routine to be in.

Surely not everyone was kung fu fighting!!! :cool:

Sorted I’ve put them through.

Mate it just kicked off out of nowhere, I had the majority in view as it was a goal from a corner but just my luck half in vision the two start.

Anyway got it under control, quickly pulled my calf so hobbled about for rest of game, it was bizarre I kid you not it went 1-0 1-1 2-1 2-2 3-2 3-3 4-3 FT!

No idea from the description sorry but as above, can only base your actions on what you see
Whats heart warming is the acceptance to submit the cautions. Something that you prob do now without giving it a moments thought, so, a good routine to be in.

Indeed which is interesting because if you have a player on the deck with claret pouring out of his canister & half the pitch are screaming he’s been punched what do you do if you didn’t see it?

It’s obvious what’s happened but you didn’t see it?

This indeed is fustrating. However we are all only human and can only see what we can see.
I think when the handbags settle down all you can do as a referee is be humble, accept something must have happened and calmly explain that you can only act on what you see.
If its something petty or minor, i tend to say " yes i missed it but trust me, it wont happen again today".
This hopefully goes someway to quelling the thirst for revenge.
If its indeed an all out assualt you have missed, its just been awfully bad luck, and, just make sure your buzzing around like a man possesed untill the end of the game

Good advice I guess the higher you go & Neutral Lino’s will help.

Very annoyed that I missed it fully, I had a decent game had no dissent got handshakes all round but the key flash point I only caught a glimpse of it.

Live and learn I guess.

...also ask what could you have done differently?

Positioning - you know the correct position to "stand" at corners... but could you have started wider, with full view of all the players, and run/walked into position as they moved and the ball came in?

You saw the "end of it"... so did you sanction based on what you actually saw?

What about your movement and use of the whistle when the action started - you say the players parted eventually - but what did you do - and did it work?

FWIW sounds like you did great to give the 2x YC. It's handbags of some kind, you are sure there's more than one guilty party, you haven't seen VC... it seems like the two cards are a good call for match control, to calm down both teams and show the audience you are in control. :)

I'm also interested in your attitude - were you in combative mode, peacemaker, did you have a "mask" on?

If it's something minor (i.e. there isn't a player covered in blood on the floor screaming for an ambulance), a good stern word to the two main culprits with the captains involved normally does the trick for me - something like 'I didn't see exactly what happened, but let this be a final warning. Any more of that and you can enjoy the rest of the game from the showers. Understand?'

Good advice I guess the higher you go & Neutral Lino’s will help.

...and great linos will really help. I was lucky enough to bag a local premier league lino as AR1 this week and an observer. One of the KMIs was an advantage leading to goal (which was nice)... but the guys pointed out that I didn't sanction or warn the offender (of the advantage challenge) and I should have had a quick convo with AR1 during the goal celebration because of the nature of the challenge (a hand ended up in a face) to make sure my opinion (careless) was accurate. Point is.. of course 6+ eyes are better than two, especially in certain areas of the pitch, with certain offences etc.

...also ask what could you have done differently?

Positioning - you know the correct position to "stand" at corners... but could you have started wider, with full view of all the players, and run/walked into position as they moved and the ball came in?

You saw the "end of it"... so did you sanction based on what you actually saw?

What about your movement and use of the whistle when the action started - you say the players parted eventually - but what did you do - and did it work?

FWIW sounds like you did great to give the 2x YC. It's handbags of some kind, you are sure there's more than one guilty party, you haven't seen VC... it seems like the two cards are a good call for match control, to calm down both teams and show the audience you are in control. :)

I'm also interested in your attitude - were you in combative mode, peacemaker, did you have a "mask" on?

My positioning from corner was fine good view fair play in box falls to player who puts it away, I pause check Lino (I’m happy anyway) and point back to centre circle, book is coming out of pocket to note goal, box full of players still & im now to left of box slightly clear view looking at them, and then my book, then back to them, low and behold I catch a glimpse of the lad bending down towards player on floor & as he stands I get the back of opposition running at him, not the clearest view but a glimpse.

It did kick off a bit captain of one team sprints at me but I’m not interested in him I’m fixed on the two involved, a stern whistle and loud instruction of walk away WALK AWAY, captains separate your players, another whistle and we’ve got normality back, had I have had a Birdseye view I’d have got it dealt with in half the time as I didn’t see it properly I had to tread carefully and make sure I was getting it 99% right.

I was calm & chilled I don’t get flustered or nervous when it kicks off I’m in control now the boys are well apart.

I get both lads together explain had i of seen more you may have got more than the yellow each, they shook hands of there own accord. I explained to captains managers spectators after the game that I can’t give what I don’t see some thought one of the lads was more deserving of a red for charging at the lad but I’d made my mind up early on that they’re both going in the book.

Tbh I woudnt have done anything differently at all the only thing I wished Is that I’d seen it fully, but what can you do it was out of character for the game & unexpected.

A yellow each calmed it & everyone excepted it so happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back