A&H

Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Don't forget its 21/22 laws from today in this tournament. Main talking point/change is likely to be that accidental handball by attackers is now OK as long as they don't score themselves.

Of course, VAR will be in place to prevent any controversaries?;):p

The Referee Store
Will be really interesting to watch handball decisions more generally as well. I'm hoping / expecting much more leeway given to players whose arms are in an entirely natural position for the action they are performing (running, jumping, kicking etc) even when that means the arms are away from the body. Fingers crossed :)

Hopefully that remote controlled car can distract everyone from that 'taking the knee business'
However, I've noticed the car's wheelspins making unauthorized tire ruts on the pitch :mad:

Well done AT. Excellent quick response by him in a distressing circumstance. Fingers crossed he pulls through

That was mental. I spoke to a few Finnish friends at the match, one close to the incident, others that are refs. What a crazy day. Amazing that he is alive in hospital. I was in tears when it happened. Of course, feeling for his family and the players - and for the confused Finns, bound to feel guilty. But... after some doubts I was glad it went ahead. I had a fit/ambulance on the field once and had that bizarre experience of looking the person in the eyes as they were wheeled into the ambulance after regaining consciousness. In that game the players just went straight back at it. Totally focused. And it seemed they managed well tonight. In the most horrific of circumstances, it was brilliant from Taylor and the players. And a totally nutty story for the Finns (of which, officially, I am one;) ).

Well don't AT for getting medics on ASAP.
Eriksen has stabilised.

Some things are just more important than football.

Watching the clip, it really is amazing how quickly so many on the field recognized this was critical and got the medics on the field. Seconds count in a life or death situation, and so many (including Anthony Taylor) recognized it so quickly.

That’s the reason I hate players faking injury. What if the medics were treating someone on the other side of the pitch who wasn’t even injured ? Every second counts in a situation like that !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back