A&H

Euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
I'll make an observation/prediction
The Referees have been given a collective mandate to allow slightly more contact, thereby cutting out so many safe and soft FKs that kill games

I'll make an observation/prediction
The Referees have been given a collective mandate to allow slightly more contact, thereby cutting out so many safe and soft FKs that kill games
Until the rather soft double yellow to Poland. Commentator's curse!

I agree that by letter of Law it is red, but not entirely sure that is what the powers that be actually want on that play. (And certainly the heads of fans across Europe would explode understanding the distinction . . . )

Didn't see it, but pulling/pushing is never an attempt to play the ball.... FACT!

There was definite holding, but there also appeared to be a trip. Personally I think the trip wouldn't have happened without the holding, but I can just about see why he went yellow.

I maintain there's been a shift in the style of Refereeing. Antonio what's'his'face from the Champions League Final has seemingly made a difference. The players have looked hapless at times as their usual antics have met with short shrift
Hope I'm not wrong (fat chance ;)) , but it takes one bold Referee to stick his head above the parapet and lead by example for the rest to take notice and evolve into something that differs from the 'let's all do the same thing' mantra

There was definite holding, but there also appeared to be a trip. Personally I think the trip wouldn't have happened without the holding, but I can just about see why he went yellow.

Well, we punish the most serious offense, so a trip in addition to holding would still be red . . . as best I can tell, he went yellow not for any technical reason but because he could get away with it and there is the ongoing aversion to send offs that ruin the spectacle of big games.

We saw the same in what could have been a 2CT--do we really doubt there would not have been a yellow on that play in the absence of the first caution? And is VAR looking for excuses not to send off for a biting offense captured on video? (Admittedly not a vicious biting incident, but still.) There could easily have been 3 send offs in the game, and we had none.

And is VAR looking for excuses not to send off for a biting offense captured on video? (Admittedly not a vicious biting incident, but still.) There could easily have been 3 send offs in the game, and we had none.

I don't think he bit him. (Assuming we're talking about France v Germany last night?)

If he had, Pogba would have reacted, VAR would have viewed it as VC and Rudi-chops would have walked.

I don't think he bit him. (Assuming we're talking about France v Germany last night?)

If he had, Pogba would have reacted, VAR would have viewed it as VC and Rudi-chops would have walked.
Yes, whether he actually bit down is in question, I suppose.
Why he even thought about putting his open mouth on pogba's and simulating a bite is beyond me....

Pogba did react. He started pointing at his back, arguing with the AR and gave a biting gesture. He also said after the game in his interview that Rudiger bit him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back