Fourth Official: Szymon Marciniak POL
Reserve Assistant Referee: Tomasz Listkiewicz POL
Video Assistant Referee: Jérôme Brisard FRA
Assistant Video Assistant Referee 1: Willy Delajod FRA
Assistant Video Assistant Referee 2: Massimiliano Irrati ITA
UEFA Referee Observer:
UEFA Delegate: Filip Popovski MKD

Kick off Sunday 14th July 8PM (BST)

Congratulations and Bonne Chance to Monsieur Letexier & team.

A&H International
I am genuinely shocked by this appointment. I thought it was nailed on to be Szymon Marciniak as Orsato was (surprisingly!) sent home and England qualified ruling out MO and AT. Very big match for an official at a first major tournament as referee. I have no doubts he'll do well though!

Happy with that. I like François.

Does kill the theory that the final couldn't be refereed by a team from a country involved in the semi's though!
I'm surprised Daniele Orsato wasn't appointed, as he was the favourite in a lot of people's eyes. I do like Letexier though, he's not afraid to make big decisions!

I am genuinely shocked by this appointment. I thought it was nailed on to be Szymon Marciniak as Orsato was (surprisingly!) sent home and England qualified ruling out MO and AT. Very big match for an official at a first major tournament as referee. I have no doubts he'll do well though!
MO already gone home... I like to think or not, that maybe it was Taylor's unless England progressed.
He has for me been one of the standout referees in the tournament with arguably the most complex decisions to be made and he got them all correct. Also think I am right in saying he had zero VAR interventions? Full house of check complete?

I'm surprised Daniele Orsato wasn't appointed, as he was the favourite in a lot of people's eyes. I do like Letexier though, he's not afraid to make big decisions!
I like Orsato but as I said at the time, the officiating of the England Switzerland game was untidy at best. A shame, but I think that would have ruled him out of the final really.

I think the main reason was the Italian connection with Rosetti and the swan Song. You can't give the final as a swan song I'm afraid.

I think the main reason was the Italian connection with Rosetti and the swan Song. You can't give the final as a swan song I'm afraid.
I think had he performed slightly better in ENG vs SUI, it was nailed on to be him, but as @RefereeX said, he didn't perform brilliantly in that match. One of those...

To be truthful you can never second guess these appointments. The only thing for sure is nationality will dictate the certain No's

Look at the headline, then read the article :wall:

Feels like as soon as the appointment was made they had a team of 'journalists' scouring for some sort of half controversy they could report on...
Absolutely ridiculous 😡. Refs these days are just punchbags for idiotic pundits, journalists, and fans who don't know the first thing about refereeing.

France with two of the top refs in Europe all of a sudden. It's interesting how often that happens for a country. Italy had that quite a bit of the last 20 years.

Good ref, but a slightly surprising appointment. Look forward to him having this sort of oppurtunity

For me it is very refreshing that appointments are being done based on performances in the tournament and not on history or reputation. Letexier was good in his three games, as was Zwyer in his games hence his perhaps surprise appointment to the semi-final game.

Bjorn Kuipers had the Euro 2020 final, which was his final UEFA/international match.

Happy to see UEFA entrust the final to some new blood who has by all accounts been a rising star for some time now. Big challenge for sure, but I think Letexier is up for it.

Letexier and team will be at the Olympics in Paris as well this summer, which makes me wonder if he is on FIFA's watch list for that final as well.

Surely Stray Kids will be more entertaining than some footie match?
Hilariously Talksh*te had not one but two callers on this morning - both dads taking daughters to the same gig on Sunday.

Stuart Pearce was on - known for his love of quality music, big Weller fan - and they played some shouty Stray Kids clips. Pearce was very funny. He had previously told the guys they will win as great dads by going to the show. But after hearing the tracks he was like, scratch that ”leave your daughter at the gate and do one!” Legend.

Back