A&H

English Grassroots Return

Didn’t want to start a new thread just for Scottish football.

this is from today

We also note the Phase 3 guidance that organised outdoor contact sport can resume for children and young people, potentially from July 13. Again, we will consult with ministers, government advisers and sportscotland to fully understand what this means for the gradual return of grassroots football.

Fingers crossed

The Referee Store
New information from the FA again to say they’re working with the government and 3rd party companies to bring back football in England whenever it’s safe so nothing particularly different other than they are trying to now bring it back with the new government guidelines

The recent breakouts in food processing plants has been put down to car sharing.
That, with communal changing rooms and toilets, may scupper everything for a while.
The Premier and EFL have regular COVID tests so how will that work for lower Leagues down to parks football simply because too many are involved on the FoP.
I notice the so called ban on spitting on the Premier return hasn't happened either so I cant see any major movement until January.

The only other factor I can see is that the current season has not yet finished at the top level of the game.

Saw something that said that Step 2 playoffs will be considered for the week of the 18/19th July. I can't see how the FA is going to allow anything further down the pyramid start until those further up the chain have finished their current season.

I'm guessing a targeted restart for sometime in September, obviously subject to no spikes in cases caused by the easing of restrictions.

Perhaps an early September start for Youth football with adult football later in the month.

Training & 5 a side tonight for my U6 grandchild, looking for a ref? Tough gig but I believe a few of you lot may be up for the job... maybe 🤔😂

With NI and Scotland back to contact friendlies this month I would hope for it to be earlier in England

Well known public school that I referee for have been in touch and they have matches (obviously still to be confirmed) arranged for Sept onwards!

As a result I now have 4 real life actual fixtures in my diary for Oct/Nov.:)

I realise a lot may happen before now and then because, if the last three or so months has taught me anything, its never take anything for granted, but its still good to have some semblance of normality on the horizon and potential fixtures to look forward to!

Well, fingers crossed you are able to start soon in England.

Great news here (Nord-land) is that the usual July break has been ditched and I’ve got really good games. As AR I have all 4th tier games plus top tier U17 (for the first time official from the task masters). I also just bumped into my refsec on holiday and was desperate to thank him!

My ref games are not so great but I’ll do 3-4 days at the Helsinki Cup -usually massive global youth tourney, just Finnish teams this time.

Can see it being a later announcement with lots of planning being done by the FA with similar, slightly later timeframe. Either way a lot better than when we were originally told January at the start for any football

As a moderator I am in something of a moral dilemma here. The appropriate response, is actually an inappropriate response language wise despite being justified.

My head hurts.
Read this a couple of times now and still not sure if in trouble, or you are wanting to get involved with the joke and post Tw@, either at me directly for such, in hindsight, a fairly tasteless joke, or indirectly, as eyeball Paul's usual profanity?

Results of a survey conducted with clubs in the Southern League (Steps 3 & 4). Basically confirming that they are happy to run the season with reduced capacity attendance and no away fans (but not behind closed doors), happy to take extra precautions with things like technical areas & changing rooms and the majority would like minimum 4 weeks notice of the season start date. We should also get ready with our bank details for our payments ....!

Attachments

• 2020-06-30-league-questionaire-results.pdf
    519.3 KB · Views: 17
Results of a survey conducted with clubs in the Southern League (Steps 3 & 4). Basically confirming that they are happy to run the season with reduced capacity attendance and no away fans (but not behind closed doors), happy to take extra precautions with things like technical areas & changing rooms and the majority would like minimum 4 weeks notice of the season start date. We should also get ready with our bank details for our payments ....!

Interesting that almost 3/4 of clubs don't currently have an action plan in place though.

This is bizarre. I have seen some of the step 3/4 changing rooms for refs and they don't allow 1m+ nevermind 2m lol. I assume guidance and guidelines will be put in place, such as arriving in tracksuits with kit underneath perhaps. Wearing of masks etc.

I see that the National League playoff final will take place at the start of August. That would suggest a new season starting somewhere around mid September which would be my best current guess for all levels of football, though the potential number and impact of local lockdowns might have some bearing, depending on how things pan out

This is bizarre. I have seen some of the step 3/4 changing rooms for refs and they don't allow 1m+ nevermind 2m lol. I assume guidance and guidelines will be put in place, such as arriving in tracksuits with kit underneath perhaps. Wearing of masks etc.

Well 2m is changing to '1M+' from Saturday, so we might well have to put up with the cramped changing rooms. Not sure if that 1m+ applies to only outside though - given up on the news since about week 2 of pandemic - so if I've got that wrong I apologise!

Back