A&H

England v République de Colombie

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was probably down to take a penalty before we'd even reach penalties but I ask you two things

1) Can you verify he was a penalty taker without media speculation i.e Gareth Southgate or Jamie Vardy quote
2) Evidence that Jamie Vardy 'bottled it'

The celebrations did shed some light, an injured Jamie Vardy holding his groin as he ran towards Pickford. Southgate has already confirmed that he'd be given an injection before the match

Hold on I’ll give Gaz a call now :rolleyes:

The Referee Store
Hold on I’ll give Gaz a call now :rolleyes:
This is exactly my point. You're being critical of a player for not taking a penalty in a high pressure situaton (which paid off) without any evidence to do so. We should be praising the situation, not picking holes in it

Paul 'hard-man' Ince bottled it in Euro '96 and left it to some poor sod who had not taken a penalty since school, can't remember his name though...

Result was no different to how it would have been if Ince had taken it then(?)!!

You know, Ince, who 2 years later missed a penalty against Argentina .... :rolleyes: ;)

This is exactly my point. You're being critical of a player for not taking a penalty in a high pressure situaton (which paid off) without any evidence to do so. We should be praising the situation, not picking holes in it

I replied to Ciley, he mentioned he was surprised Vardy didn’t take one.

I and the moderating team are frankly getting sick to death of the same members taking discussions into personal slanging matches and insults.
And then you spent several pages saying that Vardy wasn’t injured and “bottled it”, even using the hashtag #bottledit

Here comes a Vulture, contributes nothing to a thread for 13 pages & then swoops down to stick his beak in.

Vardy was down as no5, he had an injury that apparantly prevented him for taking it.

#bottlejob
His name was down & then he realised through the pain he coudnt take it so Dier stepped up.

Make of it what u want I couldn’t give a feck tbh, but yes I’d rather a striker that takes pens for Leicester step up over a holding midfielder.

I’d hobble on one leg & crutches to take a pen for my country, anyway it’s done now you’ve made it clear that your with Vardy as you’d be looking to be substituted with 5 mins to go.

Remind me if the going ever gets tough not to give you a call Ciley.
The point is he was down to take one he didn’t have a gun to head.

He all of a sudden couldn’t take one.

Make of it what u like as I said it’s fish & chips paper now, we’re through that’s all that matters
Do you think any player on the planet that steps up in a penalty shoot out is confident and pleased to be there?

So had Dier of missed and we went round another 4-5 players it’s down to Vardy or Pickford, then what off u go Jordan, Vardy ain’t feeling it.

Give me a break nobody wants to take one but sum1’s gotta show the size of there testicals
So why was he down to take one then, he said he was to injured during the shoot out.

Will be interesting to see if there is any footage of him sprinting and celebrating when Dier scored.

Got no problem with sum1 saying I’m not up to it mentally, I have however got a problem with sum1 bottling it who’s name was down to take one & using injury as an excuse.

He could of course have been to injured to strike a ball but like I said a replay of the celebrations might shed sum light
He didn’t say he wasn’t upto it, he said he was injured.

I can take sum1 being man enough to admit they don’t want to take one, but to blame it on an injury?

Anyway like your little comedy sketch ;)
You forgot to bold the part that says using an Injury as an excuse

I would stick to card index bets if I were you, they seem to be working out better than logical discussions

You woudnt want to be me, I let my mind have freedom of thought & expression.

I don’t have to phone the England Manager or Jamie Vardy to have an opinion.

And your point is what

That you clearly accuse Vardy of bottling it without any evidence.

QuaverRef asked why you are being critical of a player when you have absolutely no reason to think that it the case and no evidence to back up your claim.

You then respond about you were just replying to Ciley, as if that somehow makes a difference.

There’s no issue with you having an opinion on something, but normally if you’re going to accuse someone of something it’s useful to have something to back up your allegations.

Aside from the fact that he didn’t take a penalty what exactly is it that makes you think he “bottled it”?

was it his body language, how he had performed previously, did he give a little signal to the camera that only you understand?

There must be something that leads you to believe he bottled it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back