A&H

ENG vs IRA Matchday 2 - Claus (BRA)

Not sure I’m a massive fan of how the ref runs in at pace to the site of every free kick? It works well for him but hard to step it up for a tackle worthy of a caution / dismissal, feels like it loses its impact?

The Referee Store
Holding offence that i’d expect to be given anywhere in the midfield as a DFK. Surprised there wasn’t even an OFR by the ref

Looked like a penalty to me

The standard for an OFR by the R is the same as the standard for a reversal of the decision. The VAR has to believe it was a C&O error to send it down. Every time an R keeps his decision on an OFR, he is really saying the VAR should not have sent it down.

I’d argue biggest first half incidents were management of HAI and the penalty about 5’ in?

The standard for an OFR by the R is the same as the standard for a reversal of the decision. The VAR has to believe it was a C&O error to send it down. Every time an R keeps his decision on an OFR, he is really saying the VAR should not have sent it down.
Yeah fair point hadnt thought of it that way, whether it was C&O is debatable though
yeah that’s a fair point. Whether it was C&O or not, I’d edge towards saying it could’ve been.

Furthermore, did anyone see the yellow around 30 odd minutes in, Iranian player left his studs on Shaw’s ankle region. Seemed to remember a Wales player being walked for it in Euro 20, so not sure if anyone else questioned that?

Strange one that early pen appeal for England got no VAR review but this one did? I wonder what the thought process was?

How that was reviewed and given, after the one about 5 mins in has confused me. Bizzare call in my eyes

The VAR has thrown the ref under the bus IMO. Once it went to pitchside review, ref had no choice but to give it - but didn't give ref option early in game.

Back