A&H

Cup Appointments....

The Referee Store
Once again our CFA appointed the normal selection of crap referees who are simply interested in being best mates with the clubs/players.....

Even had to hold a training session to show them how to hold a flag and signal correctly.

Will get to as many finals as I can, as I suspect most of them will be comedy gold......especially when the CFA try to justify appointing some of the absolute clowns that they have this year.

Just feel disappointed for the many refs who do the job properly, especially in youth football, and because they do, they get lower marks then the clowns who pander to the managers/players pathetic little shouts of 'in the back'...etc etc
Just wish the clowns would have the courage to put themselves up for promotion.....

But Padfoot, don't you think that these youth refs should be getting youth county cup finals? I did a youth county cup semi final day where they were all held at the same venue. The age of the refs meant they were all doing mainly youth leagues,apart from the three more mature gentlemen. I am one of those mature gents and I do mainly youth football with a bit of OA thrown in. Even if I was a fantastic ref I would not think it was fair to be considered for an OA county cup final as I have not reffed in those leagues. From what I understand from this forum county appointments seem a bit random but for youth football why isnt there a rule that if you are doing an U13 bys final you must have reffed at least X amount of games or a %? I know this wouldn't work at OA but I am sure with the brains and common sense on this forum and system could be worked out. I can only get promotion by doing mainly OA so that means I would not be able to do youth football as I would need to get the games in, and the reason I got into reffing was to help at youth grass roots as I feel every youth game should have a proper ref after seeing my sons team get bad decisions from parents and coaches who just want their teams to win. So I go for promotion and leave youth footie or stay where I am but carry on with my motivation for doing it. Although reading threads about promotion it seems like a minefield!!!!!

Once again our CFA appointed the normal selection of crap referees who are simply interested in being best mates with the clubs/players.....

Even had to hold a training session to show them how to hold a flag and signal correctly.

Will get to as many finals as I can, as I suspect most of them will be comedy gold......especially when the CFA try to justify appointing some of the absolute clowns that they have this year.

Just feel disappointed for the many refs who do the job properly, especially in youth football, and because they do, they get lower marks then the clowns who pander to the managers/players pathetic little shouts of 'in the back'...etc etc
Just wish the clowns would have the courage to put themselves up for promotion.....

Is agreeing with Padfoot a medical condition I can get any treatment for? :yawn:

Appointing people to line who barely ever do lines, always happens in my county and it usually ends up with a horrendous Mr Bean impression with the flag and a huge threat to the referees' match control.

So I didn't get promoted yet still got a county cup vets final on the line, a womens cup final on the line, u16 semi-final middle, reserve league cup semi-final.

Had my u16 boys final yesterday.

Really really enjoyed it, both teams played well and in the right spirit.

Aside from the normal throwins, corners, goal kicks and offsides the only thing i had to give was the home keeper handling the ball outside the area, but there were no complaints.

Had an observer there to provide the officiating team with support and feed back.

Only thing he mentioned for me were my far offside signals were a bit too low, and i need to agitate the flag a bit more for fouls.

All in all im happy with my performance, ground was rock hard so my knees are feeling it a bit this morning.

2 more league finals left before the end if the season.

Just had to reject a 4th official role for league cup final on account of being away in cornwall for my wife's 30th.

Might be another 1 for me he said which I think is really good of ref sec, rejection of initial appointment considered, fingers crossed.

Usually close my dates month by month due to shift working and can change 5 weeks out, but I should of been ahead of the game for a holiday, so lesson learned.

got my first game with appointed NARs in a couple of weeks. (actually its my second, i had an U14's cup final last year which was a disaster really... managers, players and league chairman were happy but i wasnt personally happy with myself)
OA cup final, Sunday league Div 2. Little nervous if i'm honest.

got my first game with appointed NARs in a couple of weeks. (actually its my second, i had an U14's cup final last year which was a disaster really... managers, players and league chairman were happy but i wasnt personally happy with myself)
OA cup final, Sunday league Div 2. Little nervous if i'm honest.

First of all congrats matey you are In that final based on merit and as a reward to the good work you've been doing this season. Just keep on doing the same things, enjoy it and stay positive

First of all congrats matey you are In that final based on merit and as a reward to the good work you've been doing this season. Just keep on doing the same things, enjoy it and stay positive

Thank you. I've got two experienced refs as my NARs. I've got to brief them as to what I'd like . That's where my nerves are !

My tips for you;

• It's a game of football just because it's a Final doesn't mean the pitch is bigger or there's an extra ball.
  • You will undoubtedly try do 'the diagonal' but if you struggle don't be afraid to pretend you don't have NAR's for your positioning. They will still do your offsides for you but the players probably won't know where you should be with them so stick to what you know!
  • Don't make the pre match longer than it needs to be. Don't confuse your assistants.
  • Enjoy yourself!
  • Take sweets!

It is brilliant working with NARs, I have done it twice now and it is fun and a learning experience to work as a team of three. To begin with your positioning will be wrong but as the game goes on your diagonal will improve, I have worked with NARs who are more experienced than me and there is no problems there. Enjoy your company at half time.

Thank you. I've got two experienced refs as my NARs. I've got to brief them as to what I'd like . That's where my nerves are !

If they're experienced they will probably know you're nervous and be really helpful and supportive. You'll have a great time. Well done on the appointment, these are usually given on merit so you have earned it.

Dont worry about taking notes with you or flash cards to guide you through your pre match. Better be prepared than to forget anything.
There's bits in the resources about pre match instructions to help as well..

4193723-xs.jpg

One of my relatives said 'Le Pain' had arrived!!! ;) Enjoy Paris but don't convert it to Ull prices pal... You're eyes may water!!! :redcard:

Back