A&H

CRO ITA

He'll have plenty of paperwork to do after all those yellows.... !
Love hearing this at grassroots.

:D

Always play along as well, "yeah no dinner for me, pal". Already fired them off on WGS from my mobile sat on the loo before I've even showered.

A&H International
Top refereeing performance and easily the name for the final. Best referee at the euros. Wish other referees used his style and games wouldn’t get out of hand

Danny is that you?
what do you mean. He is clearly the best referee at the euros. He doesn’t get flustered and easily calms it down. Compared to some of the others that have been on show it’s clear he’s the name for the final and the only
One who deserves it

what do you mean. He is clearly the best referee at the euros. He doesn’t get flustered and easily calms it down. Compared to some of the others that have been on show it’s clear he’s the name for the final and the only
One who deserves it

He had a pretty poor first game and has simply not been on form for the past couple of years. He's far from where he was in the past and I'm not sure if he mentally recovered from the ****storm with PSG. He ended the game well yesterday but he was far from great until the PK.

He had a pretty poor first game and has simply not been on form for the past couple of years. He's far from where he was in the past and I'm not sure if he mentally recovered from the ****storm with PSG. He ended the game well yesterday but he was far from great until the PK.
completely wrong he’s been on top form for the past years but again uefa has ignored him every year so what’s the point.

It must be so frustrating to put so much effort in and get no reward. A top referee who I wish refereed in England and would than show all the English referees on what to do.

Top refereeing performance and easily the name for the final. Best referee at the euros. Wish other referees used his style and games wouldn’t get out of hand
Which hand exactly is getting out Danny?

The one pointing at the ground or the one pointing the direction?

Or the hand signaling advantage when play was just continuing?

TBH for me it was WTF refereeing.

Which hand exactly is getting out Danny?

The one pointing at the ground or the one pointing the direction?

Or the hand signaling advantage when play was just continuing?

TBH for me it was WTF refereeing.
Top refereeing more like, that is his style and I’ve done it for a while and it is so much clearer to players. He’s done it for years and no wonder he’s a uefa referee because observers love it

Top refereeing more like, that is his style and I’ve done it for a while and it is so much clearer to players. He’s done it for years and no wonder he’s a uefa referee because observers love it
In my experience observers do not love the referee pointing at the DFK instead of signaling the direction. And they love even less pointing at the spot while also signaling.

And observers do not love repeatedly using the one handed advantage signal when there is no advantage.

I get it. Top referee. Can write his own ticket. But his signals are nuts, confusing and an impartial observer would ask him to fix them.

impossible for him to actually spot that so wrong again
It's not wrong though. Whether he saw it or not, he got it wrong. The observers won't care if he couldn't see it. Also, he was looking directly at it (open the image and you'll see, I know it's not great quality otherwise):

Attachments

• Screenshot (79).png
    Screenshot (79).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
To be perfectly honest, Makkelie was never in contention for this final I don't think. It's clear to me that Daniele Orsato is the preferred choice if Italy don't progress, because UEFA have largely hidden him on smaller group games to minimise the chance of controversy and it's his last tournament. They did the same in 2021 with Bjorn Kuipers. Makkelie just hasn't been at his old level since he took charge of the UEL final in 2020, he's just gone a bit downhill in my opinion.

Back