A&H

County Cup Finals

Unfortunately - people will make mistakes / wrong assumptions or things change - if you can make re-arranged games it helps everyone - especially the Competition Officer ... just be clear why you can't make one (helps if you've already communicated your closed dates)

We have a county cup game this Saturday that was 5 miles from my home - it's just been moved 60 miles away - all 3 of us on the ref team will stay on the game though ... yes it's a pain - but - we can still do the game - so we will :)

The Referee Store
Well next season football will be a stop gap for when I'm not in a rugby fixture. Promotion isn't really a goal as i don't do enough OA football to get the games in.

Unfortunately - people will make mistakes / wrong assumptions or things change - if you can make re-arranged games it helps everyone - especially the Competition Officer ... just be clear why you can't make one (helps if you've already communicated your closed dates)

We have a county cup game this Saturday that was 5 miles from my home - it's just been moved 60 miles away - all 3 of us on the ref team will stay on the game though ... yes it's a pain - but - we can still do the game - so we will :)
Great attitude and will earn you friends in the game.

My first full season of 11 a side (qualified last April) and received an appointment yesterday as AR to Veterans County Cup Final! Delighted and shocked, nice end to a good season!

Don't really know protocol, are you allowed to discuss which games you have?

Well done to you @IrkRef at one end of the spectrum....and to the other with @Brian Hamilton is this a retirement or a boxers retirement? I would hazard a guess you're wanting to assess more now perhaps?

Don't really know protocol, are you allowed to discuss which games you have?

Well done to you @IrkRef at one end of the spectrum....and to the other with @Brian Hamilton is this a retirement or a boxers retirement? I would hazard a guess you're wanting to assess more now perhaps?
It is the end. When I started, I always relied on my legs to compensate for my brain, then my eyes compensated for my legs while my brain was anticipating better and finally I'm down to just me and the brain as the legs and eyes have gone.

Can't assess any more than I already do! Already completed 26 this season, even allowing for the crap weather. Did 32 in the whole of last season. Still got scope for around 20 more before the end of the season.

Well mate I hope you've enjoyed your career mate and it was a pleasure knowing you
I'll still be around, just not on the green bit. Just finished the first day of a new referees course today. Set off to it after typing up Tuesday's Supply assessment. Tomorrow I'm refereeing a Sunday League game in the morning and then carrying out some admin duties at a cup semi final in the afternoon. Monday more referee coursework, Tuesday another Supply assessment and Wednesday it's a District FA meeting where I am Secretary.

I was just about to post the same thing @SM

I swear Brian always announces his "retirement" just before cup final appointments are decided :p

In all seriousness, from the stuff you post on here @Brian Hamilton it is clear that you're a fountain of refereeing knowledge and I'm sure you will no doubt be just as influential when retired as you are as an active referee. No wonder there are a load of top refs starting to come from the West Riding (well it's either that or all the funding you get :p:D)

Good luck for the final mate, hope it goes well :)

Sad to hear about you going but I've seen firsthand the knowledge you have at an assessment!

See you in a couple of Monday's at the presentation/social evening!

I thought I might get one of the regional senior cup finals this season having been reffing better than last season and having had a regional intermediate final in the middle last season, however, reading the above post about not getting middles in successive years seems fair.

I've got a line in the Vets final.

On Saturday I had a good game in the middle for the league cup senior semi final, so I still might be in with a shout for one of the league cup finals.

Back