A&H

Open Age Caution for handball

Caution or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
have you ever thought that you are last weeks ref?

yet instead of the ref that was nice and was fair and let the game flow, your 'last weeks ref' that was 'such a pr**k' and a 'right jobs worth' and the one that 'definitely failed his police course'

because ive heard them all lol
The problem is @Charlie Jones, is once you decide not to caution because it'll spoil your day, you have failed to be impartial and balanced in your decisions. In effect, you're punishing the other team involved because they will not have gained any advantage from your lack of action. It's not their fault the other team steps out of line.
If the correct sanction for the misconduct is a caution then it must be administered. I certainly don't view @Padfoot as last weeks ref and have to say, I agree with him on this one.

The Referee Store
The problem is @Charlie Jones, is once you decide not to caution because it'll spoil your day, you have failed to be impartial and balanced in your decisions. In effect, you're punishing the other team involved because they will not have gained any advantage from your lack of action. It's not their fault the other team steps out of line.
If the correct sanction for the misconduct is a caution then it must be administered. I certainly don't view @Padfoot as last weeks ref and have to say, I agree with him on this one.

In my "real life" example - would you caution?

I'm not saying if it should be a yellow, don't.

I'm saying that if its a 50/50 then go with what you feel comfortable with

I love the difference of opinions (and the odd few saying others are out rightly wrong!) the OP doesn't clearly state details of who's attacking etc. etc. so actually nobody is correct 100% and everyone is guessing and assuming?

although some of you have been making me laugh, and by the sounds of it would claim that even the top referees are wrong - because you say so?

love this forum, so much differing of opinions and thoughts! and god blast FIFA for making so many interpretations!!!

I'm sure somewhere there is a world where everyone is right/wrong all the time.
Back here in the real world the lack of clear details pushes this EVEN FURTHER into the NO CAUTION category. Notice I'm not issuing a red card for the violent conduct the OP didn't mention, nor the DOGSO he didn't mention. If you have to guess or assume then it is still no caution so yes I am right and yes, you are outrightly wrong.

And top referees NEVER get ANYTHING wrong do they. And no, I don't say so, the LOTG do!

Quite sad really.....all the people who would rather be mates with the players than just do their job and issue the caution.

If you don't caution there, you won't be cautioning for any handball offence for the rest of the game.....not with any credibility anyway.

And if you're not convinced it's a handball caution....don't forget 'acts in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game...'

Whilst I agree that the commenst on keeping people happy were daft, this isn't a caution.
What thinking the ball has gone out of play is a lack of respect for the game? Hope you caution for every foul throw!
You're first line is so ridiculous I'm struggling for a response other than read the LOTG

you just said im sure somewhere there is a world where there is right and wrong all the time ...

then went on to see 'here in the real world' and then continued to tell me how you are right and I am wrong ...

glad to see Manchester's way of thinking has not evolved in the slightest since time began ...

just to clarify - if following everything to the letter of the law and not taking 'life lessons' into situations helps you, and applying the law so strictly to a group of guys who don't really car, keeps your dick hard at night

then crack away ... but for me, life isn't so serious as that - I go out to referee, to help teams out as they need one, to be involved in the game and have fun myself - if that means I don't caution someone for a petty verbal, or I don't stop make an injured player leave the field for 30 seconds - then go ahead and shoot me..

life is a ball of **** start to end - why would I make it harder for myself for 90 minutes?

Reactions: Kes
you just said im sure somewhere there is a world where there is right and wrong all the time ...

then went on to see 'here in the real world' and then continued to tell me how you are right and I am wrong ...

glad to see Manchester's way of thinking has not evolved in the slightest since time began ...

Wow, okay, let's see if I can dumb this down if we're going for petty attacks.
I say "I'm sure somewhere there is a world where everyone is right/wrong all the time."
This gave you choice between 2 worlds. In world one everyone is right all the time, in world 2 everyone is wrong all the time.
Both these worlds are very happy because there is never any conflict
See how our world isn't like that?
See how one of these (/) works?
See how schools in Manchester teach grammar?
See how you're wrong AGAIN and I'm right AGAIN?

a. I apologise for the attack on Manchester, that was out of line, and for that im sorry.

b. it would have been grammatically correct to say ' there is a world where everyone is right, and a world where everyone is wrong'

just saying ...

I really want to know an Assessors view on this @Brian Hamilton @lincs22

Ignoring the fact you've already had one (mine) - Why?
You can read the book yourself!
And as stated, some assessors (like some refs) are clueless!
I'm sure Brian and links would provide a valuable opinion, but it's won't be cos they're assessors it'll beacuse they have a strong working knowledge of the book and how it is to be interpreted. (As all L5 referees should!)

I am guessing this is a hypothetical scenario?

Some necessary elements of the story missing; The first is level of the game; are there neutral assistants? Was a CAR flagging? Would you really send someone off for a second caution for this at grassroots? ;)

Secondly - the player catching the ball. Did it just land in his arms, would he have had possession otherwise if he hadn't picked it up? Was there a promising attack if he had not grabbed the ball?

From what was described, applying law 18 sounds the way to go.

The game was Oxford Uni vs Cambridge Uni 1st Teams- non varsity but feisty. Neutral assistants- I was on dugout side, opposite from incident.

No promising attack I could see from my position, the player was in exactly the right position to bring the ball down and control it

From the information available in the original post, free kick (penalty kick depending on the field position) and get on with it after taking the mickey out of the offender.

I cannot see anything in the original post that tells me to caution. I am not trying to put it into context or add in variables which have not been clearly stated. Personal insults or slurs on places of residences add nothing to this thread.

just to clarify - if following everything to the letter of the law and not taking 'life lessons' into situations helps you, and applying the law so strictly to a group of guys who don't really car, keeps your dick hard at night

then crack away ... but for me, life isn't so serious as that - I go out to referee, to help teams out as they need one, to be involved in the game and have fun myself - if that means I don't caution someone for a petty verbal, or I don't stop make an injured player leave the field for 30 seconds - then go ahead and shoot me..

life is a ball of **** start to end - why would I make it harder for myself for 90 minutes?

You might want to change your signature quote....clearly there is such a thing as a bad referee......

How about the life lesson of 'doing the job you are there to do instead of trying to find excuses to get out of doing it'? Not learnt that one yet?

Maybe when you leave school you will.

Ok chaps, read just about enough of your petty swipes at each other.

May I suggest you starting a private conversation to attack each other, that way I don't have to read this utter nonsense.

Anywho, this ones done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back