A&H

Being recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you kick him behind the fence (despite doing nothing to warrant it) and he records you anyway just to spite you. He wins that argument. Pick your battles.

A&H International
Its something that has never happened to me , well not knowingly ?
I am relating this to Sunday morning parks football ....and Yes if he is send away and continues the manager would then have a minute to get him out the ground or I would Abandon .
Petty or not once you make a stand you have to follow it through all backed up by the procedures of "Respect"

If a spectator shouts from the side line "ref your fu....ing... sh..t and weak " Would you have him removed from the ground ? or tell the manager if you hear anything else from him he will be gone ?

Either way you are making a stand that you don't find it acceptable

Same thing applies with the OP ......

If your not happy with something deal with it .

If a spectator shouts from the side line "ref your fu....ing... sh..t and weak " Would you have him removed from the ground ? or tell the manager if you hear anything else from him he will be gone

'Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to an empty Old Trafford for this 2nd half......'

Reactions: SM
If a spectator shouts from the side line "ref your fu....ing... sh..t and weak " Would you have him removed from the ground ? or tell the manager if you hear anything else from him he will be gone ?

Either way you are making a stand that you don't find it acceptable

Same thing applies with the OP ......

If your not happy with something deal with it .

If I'm hungry I'm not happy when I can smell the barbecue, but that doesn't mean I can make them turn it off. What is so unacceptable about the recording, especially when there are probably others recording you anyway? What part of the laws of the game has been breached, or what responsibilities of a team official has he breached?

@Darius its more about not having the time to get my false beard and glasses on ?

Don't want to lose my disability car :)

@CapnBloodbeard Because the guy has obviously made the recording comment in an attempt to undermine you .

If you ask him not to and he continues .........he is then undermining you again ?

This can be dealt with via the teams Manager .

'Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to an empty Old Trafford for this 2nd half......'[/QUOT Hmmm !!!! down the local park with some idiot trying to mug you off in front of his mates !!!

Empty Old Trafford ?

What point are you actually making ?

@CapnBloodbeard Because the guy has obviously made the recording comment in an attempt to undermine you .

If you ask him not to and he continues .........he is then undermining you again ?

This can be dealt with via the teams Manager .

But the point is, what's the justification for telling him to stop recording? By all means, tell him to pull his head in, stop talking to you like that, etc etc. I just believe that recording itself isn't really something we get to make an issue about - unless you know the competition rules prohibit mobile phone use in the TA - or whether it's a league where competition rules prevent video / photo recording (I know some junior leagues do). Stick with whatever it is that you wanted to address previously, and if he's going to respond antagonistically through tone/manner then also deal with that appropriately. Holding the phone up to his face would be preventing you from speaking to him, so that IMO would be worth making an issue about (same if he shoved it in your face), but aside from that stick to how he's talking to you and whether he's showing dissent. By bringing up the recording he's trying to suck you into an irrelevant argument, and if you engage in that argument then even if you send him to the carpark, he's won because you got sucked into something that's petty, irrelevant, and not really something you can clearly justify doing under the LOTG anyway.

It is more about the intent rather than the recording

All I am saying is that if someone is deliberately trying to intimidate me by word or action on or around a football pitch

I will not let them !

I agree, I wouldn't like to be recorded... Of course you accept it at bigger levels of football but at park level - not at all.
I would tell him to stop, should he refuse, get the manager involved, if there's still no progress get rid of him and send a report to the FA. If the FA say there's nothing they can do then so be it. But if anyone tried to record me or I had the slightest hint they were, they wouldn't be doing it on my pitch.

Yes fair enough if they come over to you before the game (which has actually happened to me before) and said we're recording the game for training purposes and the away team are okay with it; then no problem. But in the scenario above were by a player is doing it out of malice in his phone then absolutely not.

I can't help but get the feeling that if you're going to take this sort of approach, then next thing you know half the supporters are going to make a point of recording you just to spite you. And there won't be anything you can do about it except look foolish.

Yes fair enough if they come over to you before the game (which has actually happened to me before) and said we're recording the game for training purposes and the away team are okay with it; then no problem. But in the scenario above were by a player is doing it out of malice in his phone then absolutely not.

But you are aware that the 'training' video could also be used as part of an appeal or other protest against your performance?

Just be aware chaps that by abandoning or making an issue with the FA over this you would have absolutely zero support. You have almost no grounds in law or most league rules to take any action over being recorded or subs/officials 'threatening' to record you.

I don't have an opinion on your stance on this, I understand why being recorded could be seen to be an issue at park level. Just pointing out that you would in most cases end up being found to be in the wrong.

I'd tell him he couldn't, because his phone lacks a wide-angle lens! :D
(so says the man who has dropped 18 pounds in 8 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back