A&H

Being recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM

The avuncular one
Had an idiot "threaten" to start recording me on his cheap mobile phone today after I gave a warning to his sides bench. I just said "do what you want" and got on with it, thought nothing more of it.

Thinking about it now, if someone is recording you (and makes clear that is what they are doing rather than anything else) what is the law on that? Anyone know?

The Referee Store
Methinks if it was public park doubtful if you could do anything..... but if the pitch is on private property i would have thought you could tell him to leave the premises ..... me personally if someone was videoing the game i'd be okay with it ,but if someone was videoing me under those circumstances i would ask him to leave and if he didn't i'd abandon the game ......but that's me

There are privacy laws about recording others without consent even in public.

Recording the game is one thing. Saying "I am recording you". That is different.

Was he a spectator or on the bench as such? Just curious whether that would make a difference. If on the bench does that count as threatening behaviour and therefore potentially able to ask him to walk? Then if he continues filming could you abandon because you feel threatened even if he's beyond the pitch boundary on a public park?
You would hope that the team manager is, a) not the monkey and b) would just sort it out.
Interesting one I've never thought about.
To be honest, in my part of the world I'd be abandoning and reporting it if it didn't stop immediately.
I've always been asked by people if I'm to record at start of match.

It is not illegal to take photos/video someone in a public place unless it is for criminal or terrorist purposes.

Taking of photo/video of someone without consent is a civil matter....

If the video was used in a defamatory manner you may be able to pursue civil action against them....

Was he a spectator or on the bench as such? Just curious whether that would make a difference. If on the bench does that count as threatening behaviour and therefore potentially able to ask him to walk? Then if he continues filming could you abandon because you feel threatened even if he's beyond the pitch boundary on a public park?
You would hope that the team manager is, a) not the monkey and b) would just sort it out.
Interesting one I've never thought about.
To be honest, in my part of the world I'd be abandoning and reporting it if it didn't stop immediately.
I've always been asked by people if I'm to record at start of match.

In what way could it be threatening behaviour?
Under what justification would you abandon or report?

At most it may be in breach of a competition rule on using mobile phones in the dugouts. Personally I'd be getting rid of him if he so much as farts after that. It's not the recording that's the issue, it's the attitude problem that's concerning (can't for the life of me figure out what he's trying to achieve. People like that think they're somehow standing up for their 'rights' by doing that, and yet are doing their best to provoke a reaction in the manner they say it so they can then pretend their 'rights' have been infringed upon.

If, however, things get contentious then I'd consider keeping an eye out for such a recording posted online and be reporting it if so.

Abandon? Christ, I wouldn't even respond to just a comment
Let him record all day. Let him play his recording in the disciplinary hearing. Let the committee laugh before rejecting their appeal.
Unless you like to use OFFINABUS toward the bench who cares? It's not like county are gonna give a s*** you got a throw in decison wrong!

All depends on the context. I'm going to record you and give it to the league - knock yourself out pal.
I'm going to record you and then put it on YouTube, I'll make sure you're sorted etc - that's a bit different.

I had a request from a spectator asking if I objected to him videoing my match yesterday. I was fine with it and told him to check with both teams to be sure. My only advice was to consider the U16 match that was taking place on the adjacent pitch and he might want to record with his back to that game.
We had a chat about it and he said he does have some objections on occasion, usually child protection but there has been adults objecting because they're on disability allowance and don't want to be filmed playing football.

I've never had this. Being a public place you can't stop anyone from recording. Even on the high street people are allowed to record other people.

Just don't flap remain calm (Don't say anything stupid as it will go viral), and speak to the league / FA after.

I would have charged him for the privilege...
That will be £££££££, thanks mate....

Had an idiot "threaten" to start recording me on his cheap mobile phone today after I gave a warning to his sides bench. I just said "do what you want" and got on with it, thought nothing more of it.

Thinking about it now, if someone is recording you (and makes clear that is what they are doing rather than anything else) what is the law on that? Anyone know?
I would not be happy with this ....as you say he" Threatened" to record you, so it obviously didn't sit well with you ?
Tell him not to , if you see a phone pointing at you ....get rid of him .

He threatened to do it !

I don't want him doing it .

Undermining my control, making me feel uncomfortable

Either he F...ks off or I do

Not open for debate , just what I would do

So...you would abandon a game for some random on the touchline taking your picture?

So...you would abandon a game for some random on the touchline taking your picture?
What Random are we talking about ? is that the one who has told you in an intimidating manner , that he is going to record you ?

There is nothing random about it !!

I'm not going to bow down to that .....

No chance ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back