A&H

Being recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case and all the spectators began doing it then i would simply abandon it.
I'm also aware that the recording, even though he asked, could have been used against me - but it was a u9's game so I felt pretty secure.

The Referee Store
If that was the case and all the spectators began doing it then i would simply abandon it.
I'm also aware that the recording, even though he asked, could have been used against me - but it was a u9's game so I felt pretty secure.

How would you word your report for that abandonment?

but it was a u9's game so I felt pretty secure.

I would have no issue being recorded, after all isn't a video recording meant to be the only way that a red card can be appealed now? BUT, if it was an U9's game, you now have child protection to consider. A standard question on junior club's registration forms is for parents to indicate whether they mind their children being photographed / filmed. So if I saw someone clearly filming an U9's game, I might have a quick word with the home manager to check with parents to see if anyone objected.

For myself though, let them waste the memory on their phone - invariably all it would do is highlight how embarrassing managers/coaches/parents can be on the sidelines of a mini-soccer game.

I would say basically that x player from x team was trying to undermine my authority by recording me on his mobile phone. I didn't want to be recorded nor did I want to anyone else there thinking I was toothless by letting him do it. Therefore I warned him once to stop, he didn't. Got the manager involved he refused again so I abandoned. Obviously I wouldn't word it exactly like that but words to the effect.
To be quite honest I couldn't care less if the FA or anyone else agreed or not. Very simply, I will not be undermined or have myself put on youtube or something without my permission because some bellend on the sideline thinks its funny or clever. If it occurred without my knowledge I.e a video of me was on Facebook or YouTube then I would expect swift and powerful justice to be done. If this didn't occur then Durham FA would be loosing another referee

The point being missed here is that someone has tried to intimidate you by saying they are going to record you !!

The Recording of the game is not the issue

The problem is you have asked the player /spectator not to ....

If you then see the above named following your movement with his phone in the air !!

At the next stoppage in play I am 100% telling the manager to get the person away from the FOP or I'm getting in my car and going .

The point being missed here is that someone has tried to intimidate you by saying they are going to record you !!

The Recording of the game is not the issue

The problem is you have asked the player /spectator not to ....

If you then see the above named following your movement with his phone in the air !!

At the next stoppage in play I am 100% telling the manager to get the person away from the FOP or I'm getting in my car and going .

The issue is that you have asked him not to do so without any real authority in law - criminal or civil.

As others have said; difficult to convince others later that abandonment was a safety issue or that the said person was interfering with the match to any great extent.

Also to repeat above, are you then going to repeat this process everytime someone gets their phone out and points it at the pitch?

The issue is that you have asked him not to do so without any real authority in law - criminal or civil.

As others have said; difficult to convince others later that abandonment was a safety issue or that the said person was interfering with the match to any great extent.

Also to repeat above, are you then going to repeat this process everytime someone gets their phone out and points it at the pitch?
As I say @PinnerPaul Never happened to me and probably never will but if the scenario happened as SM described it and it was then acted on against my wishes that is how I would deal with it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back