A&H

away team introducing a new ball

im with @GraemeS on this one ...

it says 'under the referees control' and "the ball may not be changed without the referees permission" ... far as I am concerned, im the referee, if I am happy for the new ball to come in then ill signal for it (sharp blow of the whistle, and then make a ball shape in the air to the bench) that IS me taking control ... and if I have signalled for the ball, then its my permission?

never heard of an observer have an issue with this at all

The Referee Store
With all due respect Charlie , how do you know if the ball being chucked on meets the requirements of law2? If it was one that you had checked before then fair play, but if you haven't................

Or how about actually behaving like ****ing adults? It's not that difficult is it?
My patience is wearing thin chaps

Just trying to help referees develop Ross, if practices become ingrained on the park pitch when the time comes to step up the levels they could end up in a world of bother. Semi pro clubs have secretary's who know the law, many of the ones I come across are former refs themselves.

The observers are looking very much at the technical aspects of your game and how you implement control within the framework of the laws. Good control of the ball is one such aspect and one that i have had specific advice on.

I take instruction and advice from more senior referees and observers constantly in order to address my failings/development needs.

I was hoping that this forum might be part of that, as well as helping refs starting on their path.

Just trying to help referees develop Ross, if practices become ingrained on the park pitch when the time comes to step up the levels they could end up in a world of bother. Semi pro clubs have secretary's who know the law, many of the ones I come across are former refs themselves.

The observers are looking very much at the technical aspects of your game and how you implement control within the framework of the laws. Good control of the ball is one such aspect and one that i have had specific advice on.

I take instruction and advice from more senior referees and observers constantly in order to address my failings/development needs.

I was hoping that this forum might be part of that, as well as helping refs starting on their path.

i dont think that was aimed at you @Paul March , there were a couple of since deleted posts in between

Two questions I would be asking...:
1) Why did the home team want to change the ball?
2) What's wrong with using another ball as long as it is a match ball and you are happy that it meets regulations?

Will- nothing wrong with changing the ball for one you have previously checked - I do it all the time. There is a potential issue, however, if you don't ask to quickly check (it takes 2 seconds) a replacement that you haven't- as is the case highlighted in previous replies.

Charlie, wash your mouth out

Paul apologies Ross comment refers to my comment which preceded yours and then another refs abuse after that. Although Ross could have taken it down when he removed the other comments to avoid confusion! But I hold my hands up this was aimed at me!

Paul apologies Ross comment refers to my comment which preceded yours and then another refs abuse after that. Although Ross could have taken it down when he removed the other comments to avoid confusion! But I hold my hands up this was aimed at me!
No worries, I saw your post before it was taken down ;)

Back