A&H

Angleterre v Belgique

The Referee Store
The guys and girls on the telly tried to talk this up but really this is like watching the RW RotW match the other week.

Yes, but if England with that match we'll then be in the top half of the draw, which is much tricker.

I’m aware of that but when have we been good enough to pick & choose our route through a World Cup.

If it stays 1-0 Belgium let’s hope we get past Columbia with as much ease as Belgium get past Japan.

I’m pleased to be loosing this one and potentially avoiding Brazil but are we not showing Columbia enough respect by overlooking them & having thoughts about who we get in the quarter finals.

Let’s hope we don’t end up with egg on our face against the Colombians.

I’m aware of that but when have we been good enough to pick & choose our route through a World Cup.

If it stays 1-0 Belgium let’s hope we get past Columbia with as much ease as Belgium get past Japan.

I’m pleased to be loosing this one and potentially avoiding Brazil but are we not showing Columbia enough respect by overlooking them & having thoughts about who we get in the quarter finals.

Let’s hope we don’t end up with egg on our face against the Colombians.
Lack of respect what? It's perfectly legitimate to consider the optimistic route to the final - and with or without Columbia, that half of the draw is still clearly easier.

Lack of respect what? It's perfectly legitimate to consider the optimistic route to the final - and with or without Columbia, that half of the draw is still clearly easier.

I agree the nation has been on about it all day people up & down the land are prob celebrating this defeat, I’m half happy myself.

I’m just saying that the only reason we all want to avoid top spot is because of who we could play in the quarters, personally going on our previous failures shouldn’t we consider the next round first & fullmost, let’s hope we get to the quarters because otherwise toping the group & playing Japan might not have been a bad idea after all.

Zero respect shown for Colombia from anyone just Brazil on everyone’s mind, let’s hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.

8/1 before tonight's game
8/1 after it
Easier half of the draw offset by loss of momentum

Now the games begin, knockout football VAR emotion passion & everything on the line.

France v Argentina
Portugal v Uruguay

To kick us off Saturday, mouth watering!

Maybe you lot are right
Colombia (with a man down) followed by Swiss or Swedes to get to semi, with Spain unsettled to follow
Not a bad path to be on afterall...;)

Even if we do get past Columb I think both Sweden and Switzerland are a more tricky proposition than we'd imagine. Especially Sweden. We've only ever beaten them once in competitive matches ....

Purely based on FIFA rankings.
'Top half' average ranking 13.88
'Bottom half' average ranking 21.25
Final - Brazil Vs. Switzerland, Brazil to win.
Third place - Portugal Vs. Spain, Portugal to win.

5 of the 8 highest ranked teams are in the top half. Just 1 in the bottom half. Missing teams are Germany and Poland.

Maybe it's my perception on things but I feel as though the better teams so far are in the bottom half and the dross is in the top.

Non England fan in peace. Would have been better to risk Brazil, of course pending beating Columbia and Brazil winning their game. Sweden is just asking for another Iceland display, or, Holland in 93, or Germany at, well, nearly any time in a tournament, i.e any strong workman like European team.

I would have fancied England more to beat Brazil (even taking the game all the way) than I would Sweden.

Januzaj - Fails to do the job... again

Jordan Pick-that-out

I'll be out of the country for a while longer :oops::D

Back