A&H

Alternative Referee Shirt Colour

Harey

Hi,

What's the view on getting an alternative referee shirt colour? I have the 'classic' black, but refereed a game last weekend with a team in dark blue (black is disallowed by the league) and it was very similar.

Do most of you have a second colour, if so which?

Cheers
Chris

The Referee Store
You need to ask your CFA what colours they allow. I have black, blue and yellow but I'm not actually allowed to wear the yellow according to my CFA. However, if I ref in a league that allows black kits and the other team wear blue I'll wear the yellow and hope nobody reports me.

I have a spare orange shirt, although when doing a friendly in the summer I reffed the only team in orange in the league agianst a team who wore dark blue! Bib on (but don't mention it on here!!!)

Hi,

What's the view on getting an alternative referee shirt colour? I have the 'classic' black, but refereed a game last weekend with a team in dark blue (black is disallowed by the league) and it was very similar.

Cheers
Chris
If the league prohibits the wearing of black shirts, it also probably prohibits the wearing of very dark shirts too (it's the wording used in the Standard Code of Rules which are used by most leagues).

Hi,

Cheers
Chris
I have black, flourescent yellow and red. The alternative colour I’ve used most is yellow so I’d recommend that. I really want the blue but it seems like every other team I ref plays in blue so it’s pointless for me

Asked my CFA the other day if it was black only, unfortunately they said yes. I'd ordered a yellow shirt, so I'll keep it in case I ever do a charity match or mates etc.

Or if I'm in a league match and I find a team in dark colours keeps passing me the ball.

I'll change shirts and explain after.

I have a spare orange shirt, although when doing a friendly in the summer I reffed the only team in orange in the league agianst a team who wore dark blue! Bib on (but don't mention it on here!!!)
Orange can’t be the best look for a referee, especially for our more rotund colleagues 😂

Back