A&H

All was well till.............

In fairness I know a lot of referees who think that any handball by the keeper is outside the area is DOGSO, and when you tell them it isn't they look at you like you are an idiot ..!

One level 4 even appealed an assessment when the assessor marked him down for sending off the keeper even though there wasn't an attacker anywhere near when he inadvertently carried the ball out of the area, his basis being that the assessor was incorrect in law. I think you can guess how that ended ...!

The Referee Store
well it is a deliberate movement of the hand and pushed the ball away whilst on the floor in the penalty area new directives etc.
but I wasn't there so ..............................

Ok, what new directive do you think is vaguely relevant here?
The deliberate movement is only what determines it's a foul - 'deliberately handles the ball is the foul' (I strongly urge you to do some revision from the good book). DOGSO is the situation. Blatantly intentional handling, for instance, that doesn't clearly deny possession/attack to an opponent nor DOGSO is still only a foul.

then why do keepers get sent of handling out side the penalty area

This is very concerning....for your education please elaborate upon what you think the relevant approach and interpretation here is in relation to your statements, because it sounds like you have some very, very wrong approaches to DOGSO-H

Reactions: DB
Ok, what new directive do you think is vaguely relevant here?
The deliberate movement is only what determines it's a foul - 'deliberately handles the ball is the foul' (I strongly urge you to do some revision from the good book). DOGSO is the situation. Blatantly intentional handling, for instance, that doesn't clearly deny possession/attack to an opponent nor DOGSO is still only a foul.

This is very concerning....for your education please elaborate upon what you think the relevant approach and interpretation here is in relation to your statements, because it sounds like you have some very, very wrong approaches to DOGSO-H

Which is why I am concerned if this chap's qualifications as a level 4 and an assessor are correct... These are basic laws which are clearly written and easily understandable

In fairness I know a lot of referees who think that any handball by the keeper is outside the area is DOGSO, and when you tell them it isn't they look at you like you are an idiot ..!

One level 4 even appealed an assessment when the assessor marked him down for sending off the keeper even though there wasn't an attacker anywhere near when he inadvertently carried the ball out of the area, his basis being that the assessor was incorrect in law. I think you can guess how that ended ...!

One of the last lines I did the ref awarded an IFK for keeper coming outside the PA to catch the ball. Even the other AR didn't believe me when I said it was a direct.....
Had I realised he was awarding an IFK (poor signalling) I would have yelled at him to get his attention. It's the sort of error where the AR needs to do whatever he can to get involved.

Reactions: DB
Back