A&H

Advice on handling interactions with players

The Referee Store
Don't the teamsheets have your full name on, so does whatever method is used by most competitions to tell the clubs who the referee is?

Seems bizarre and a bit futile to try to keep your first name a secret from the coaches.
It does but it's on the back, funny enough no one actually looks there because all they need to fill in is on the front :D

I'd agree hence why I gave it when asked, this guy had his less than innocent reasons for asking though

The only time I won't give out my name is when it is a player asking for it at the same time as saying he is going to report me. Standard response there of "your secretary has it".

And one tip I'd give, use "please" and "thank you" with players. Things like throw ins "from there please" and "that's great there, thank you" really helps.

You can also play some quiet powerful "mind games" with this just by rarely using the please... stolen straight from the classroom.

Things like "from there, thank you" or "further back #5, thank you".

It's still a very clear instruction but sounds very different to just "back #5". But players still don't have a 'choice'.

Back