A&H

5-4 first report

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Observations here so far - both without neutrals on nothing games so I'm really hoping I can get my next few with neutrals to help my development.

I'm more worried about lines currently. Only 1 so far this season. Changed supply leagues to give me a better chance.
Did you manage to scrape a 70 on such games? Difficult if nothing happens

The Referee Store
Did you manage to scrape a 70 on such games? Difficult if nothing happens
71 & 73. So I'm averaging a 72 which I'm fine with.
Made sure I applied stepped approaches, spoke to change of linos etc just to up the score where I could. Was actively aware during the game that (because of how well I managed it obviously) there was little to report on.

Note to self... 'what's all this fuss about?'

Just a bit of a bummer with getting the auld CV19 and all that. Had a nice little game lined up on Sunday, for which my 'people skills' were needed :punch:

Likely I got virus at QPR v Luton on Friday night
I can't even blame @PinnerPaul cos I was in the Luton end, so got the least that I deserved

I take my appointments with a pinch of salt. Such is the shortage of R's etc., there's a lot of movers and shakers, so probably end up with six middles
We can't all afford the time to swan around mastering our flag technique in front of the mirror like 'Panel Select' @Russell Jones 'Big Potatoes'
Get well soon!

2 Observations here so far - both without neutrals on nothing games so I'm really hoping I can get my next few with neutrals to help my development.

I'm more worried about lines currently. Only 1 so far this season. Changed supply leagues to give me a better chance.
5-4 I had only one of my 5 observations with neutrals and that was my last one which was a Step 6 middle.

71 & 73. So I'm averaging a 72 which I'm fine with.
Made sure I applied stepped approaches, spoke to change of linos etc just to up the score where I could. Was actively aware during the game that (because of how well I managed it obviously) there was little to report on.
It's not necessarily needed to have a mad crazy game certainly at 5-4 to get a good mark. But what you need to do is do the basics REALLY WELL to stand out on those areas.

My highest mark at 5-4 was a 75 and I got that in a game that finished 9-0, with the losing keeper getting MOTM!

It's not necessarily needed to have a mad crazy game certainly at 5-4 to get a good mark. But what you need to do is do the basics REALLY WELL to stand out on those areas.
Exactly that, and this is why it is vital to know the competencies off by heart. In a one sided game I will always try to make sure the referee isn't penalised as chances are I won't be able to big them up in areas like match control and law application. But I can praise them for their fitness and positioning, game management, etc, but only if they have demonstrated that they know those requirements.

Sorry to dig up this nugget but today was my 5th and final observation at 5-4 for the season.

The observer was a WSL & FIFA referee (and former WSL player). Great to have so much knowledge and experience there to help with my development (or lack of it).

Game went fine overall. 3 yellows, easiest pen you'll ever give too. No KMD wrong and that's where I start my reflections on every performance.

I didanage to block a shot 20 yards out dead centre from goal. Very poor (and pretty funny afterwards). But overall it went well enough. I kept up with play and my sprinting all game which I pride myself on but I felt very sluggish doing it, I'll have to knock the guiness and Galaxy on the head for a bit.

Just the exam to go which is a big weakness but I'm not really bothered, it's been great to develop in my first season of step 7-5 football.

If you do go to L4, then there LOTG tests at all training meetings. So, you need to be confident doing them.

The 5-to-4 test was easier than 7-to-6 and 6-to-5 (15/15 here, not bragging like... just semi-boastful ;))
Only three answers to choose from FFS!
I thought the tests were all done and dusted months ago

The 5-to-4 test was easier than 7-to-6 and 6-to-5 (15/15 here, not bragging like... just semi-boastful ;))
But they can be harder. Some focusing on the different league rules, as in a pool you may work on different leagues i.e. subs rules, etc.

Had a wisdom tooth out on the exam day so couldn't do it.

Just had my assessment through. 75. That's all 5 in now. Chilled rest of the season now

Last observation done for me on Saturday.

Averaged 73.6 across all 5. Finishing on a 78 :D
Nice work! If / when you do get promoted, then frame that 78 and put it on the wall as you won't be getting another mark like that until / unless you get up to PGMOL levels :)

Hey @MattTheRef! That was me on Saturday, hope you're game went well!

At Middlesex we put all our fixtures to the co-ordinator and they can come to any game, we don't know which one they will appear at.

I did expect one this weekend and no suprise they were there on Sunday! No contact before. Debrief after the game and report sent post game

The idea is that you should referee without performing for the observer...
Mr Jolley, guess who am I 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back