A&H

4th Official duties confirmed...

Comms kits at Step 2 at the end of the month seems to be the latest. Kits being distributed to and looked after by each club, cutting down significantly the number required.

Assuming this actually happens, training and transition in-season will be interesting to say the least. Big step forwards once things settle though.

A&H International
At least some if not many already delivered to clubs though I understand ear pieces will be sent to Referee’s though whether that’s individually or for the team over the season I don’t know.

Comms kits at Step 2 at the end of the month seems to be the latest. Kits being distributed to and looked after by each club, cutting down significantly the number required.

Assuming this actually happens, training and transition in-season will be interesting to say the least. Big step forwards once things settle though.
A good decision for once from the FA!

And the reason behind it is good too, which is for a seamless transition as much as possible for L2 Referees to L1 whereby it is potentially possible that by Christmas some could be promoted & not only operating on NL Prem but also the EFL!
Absolutely.

There will be a challenging transition at Step 2 where officiating teams will be going out in September potentially all using Comms for the first or near first time in anger.

Bound to be some issues, but it will ultimately be worth it.

I’ve only ever worked with comms once and I was 4th official and spent the whole game adjusting it back in to my ear as it kept falling. Couldn’t imagine trying to run at the same time.
Do some people have moulded earpieces that can clip on to these or something? Or a better solution?

I’ve only ever worked with comms once and I was 4th official and spent the whole game adjusting it back in to my ear as it kept falling. Couldn’t imagine trying to run at the same time.
Do some people have moulded earpieces that can clip on to these or something? Or a better solution?
You can get molds done... Try a smaller ear piece next time.
I'll have to get molds done I think with my ears

You can get molds done... Try a smaller ear piece next time.
I'll have to get molds done I think with my ears
How does one go about this? Feel like I’m not gonna be happy running with it in unless it fits perfectly!

How does one go about this? Feel like I’m not gonna be happy running with it in unless it fits perfectly!
Find somewhere local. Looking for custom ear models for communication systems. Most NL/EFL/PL folks I know have them custom made. I can get them round here as lots of places do it for surf ear plugs

Or tape it in place, the referee in the Olympics mens gold medal match had multiple thin pieces of what looked like surgical tape to keep it in place.

Or tape it in place, the referee in the Olympics mens gold medal match had multiple thin pieces of what looked like surgical tape to keep it in place.
Had contemplated this, but feel like sweat could be bad news for the tape! 😆

Had contemplated this, but feel like sweat could be bad news for the tape! 😆
It looked like he had thin strips of proper medical tape, I'd be surprised if sweat gets that stuff off. I'd imagine it is actually a bit uncomfortable or painful taking it off at the end of the game.

Feel the thread is still recent enough to contribute, been appointed as 4O on Tuesday to an FA Cup game.

Really looking forward to it, if a bit nervous.

Looking forward to working with Comms if we use them.

Not so looking forward to taking the whistle if I needed to after only a full season at 4!

But should be good, so let's see how it goes.

Feel the thread is still recent enough to contribute, been appointed as 4O on Tuesday to an FA Cup game.

Really looking forward to it, if a bit nervous.

Looking forward to working with Comms if we use them.

Not so looking forward to taking the whistle if I needed to after only a full season at 4!

But should be good, so let's see how it goes.
What level is the Referee and teams involved ?

Only got appointment earlier, but Referee I believe is National League level, with a bit of Googling. Teams are step 2 and step 3.

Edit - referee is NLN.
Congratulations on the appointment.
Who is at home? This will determine if there is a comms kit available. If it's at a step 3 ground there will be no com.s.

What level are the assistant referees? If they are level 3 then, if required, the senior referee should take over from the line and you would jump in on the line.

Congratulations on the appointment.
Who is at home? This will determine if there is a comms kit available. If it's at a step 3 ground there will be no com.s.

What level are the assistant referees? If they are level 3 then, if required, the senior referee should take over from the line and you would jump in on the line.

Thank you.

Step 2 at home.

Google tells me one AR is level 3, and MOAS tells me the other is a 4, so there IS a 3 on the line. Good to know.

Should be an interesting experience for me.

Back