A&H

2nd Assessment / Observation

A&H International
I had 5 dissent cautions and an extraordinary report for surrounding on my non-observed game on Tuesday evening... 🥴 Obviously I am perturbed by such a high level of dissent but have identified some potential root causes and aim to remedy.
Clubs will get killed by FA for that
There's some sort of staggered penalty system in place (which I'm sure you're aware of). I recall 10 C2's in a year being a bad thing for a club!

Personally, I don't want to see the participant behaviour thing go too far as that will only serve to worsen the relationship between refs and participants.
Two players approaching the ref over a KMS is not usually dissent. It's just normal behaviour by competitive combatants. Plus we have the raised stakes of Sin Bins. Dismissing a player for 10 mins for triviality (even if it's been setup, only serves to lose respect, not gain it)

Last edited:
Clubs will get killed by FA for that
There's some sort of staggered penalty system in place (which I'm sure you're aware of). I recall 10 C2's in a year being a bad thing for a club!

Personally, I don't want to see the participant behaviour thing go too far as that will only serve to worsen the relationship between refs and participants.
Two players approaching the ref over a KMS is not usually dissent. It's just normal behaviour by competitive combatants. Plus we have the raised stakes of Sin Bins. Dismissing a player for 10 mins for triviality (even if it's been setup, only serves to lose respect, not gain it)
Best way to avoid the 2 or more player surround is to be pro-active in trying to stop them in their tracks. But if it happens it happens!

Fight or flight. Deck one of them before they arrive or leg it back to the changing rooms
….That is the question!!!. There is also the grey area of a Referee penalising an offender with players already in the vicinity - so have they surrounded the Referee! I’m keeping out of that one!

Back