A&H

2022 Nike kit

The Referee Store
Actual photos don’t make it look as bad as initially thought. 2 shades of green is surprising.

still nicer than the adidas ones for next season

Whether it's this color setup or the yellow and green we have in the US, I'm always confused by having both of those colors in the options.

In the US, there are a number of clubs who use that volt/neon yellow color. I HATE that, because it takes two of our colors - yellow and a lighter shade of green - out of the mix. In the US, yellow is our primary color (i.e. we are expected to wear that at tournaments and multi-game days unless there is a conflict). Most referees who limit themselves to two shirt colors normally have yellow and green. I understand the rules about what teams can wear in England are stricter than what we have in the US, but it still seems to make sense that you would want a color like red, orange, or pink to offset the green and blue.

As for the shirts themselves, they do look better on real people than in the stock photos. They certainly look like they will accentuate a certain body type and "emphasize" a different body type (i.e. if you're overweight, you won't look that good in these). For me, I like the colors of the 2022 Adidas kit more than the Nike colors, but I like the Nike design more. The major drawback on the Adidas kits is that neck trim that goes around the shoulders. Had Adidas just used a traditional neck trim and then either had matching trim on the cuffs/end of sleeves or around the shoulders, that would have looked so much better.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for a Joma kit to be delivered, I really like the look of it and I’ve got Shirt, shorts, socks, county badge and FAMOA badge for £46.

I quite like the adidas shirts
I think its the weird design carrying onto the back of the shirt that spoils it for me.

the current nike and adidas kits, I don’t think will be topped for a while

The afcon kits look very similar. I have to say I really am not a fan. The ones. At afcon, which are umbro, just dont look the part at all.

The afcon kits look very similar. I have to say I really am not a fan. The ones. At afcon, which are umbro, just dont look the part at all.

The socks are just awful. At first, I thought the referees either had their calves taped or had sock stays showing. There just appears to be a white band on top of the socks and horizontal stripes/logo in the middle. It would be better to just have solid black socks.

Those Umbro kits, which are basically Nike since Nike owns Umbro, just look like the referees are going out in a colored t-shirt to referee. To me, it just doesn't look as professional as the current Nike kits like we see in England, France, and the Netherlands. I'm still partial to a collar on referee shirts.

Here's a couple of links to see the new kit a bit closer up
Short-Sleeve - here
Long-Sleeve - here

I think it's fair to say that there have been some mixed reviews thus far. It's certainly different to previous years/designs.

Short-Sleeve - here
Long-Sleeve - here

I think it's fair to say that there have been some mixed reviews thus far. It's certainly different to previous years/designs.
I didn’t like the leaked photos that appeared on here a few weeks ago but have to say the close up photos look a lot nicer. Will probably end up investing I think.

The socks are just awful. At first, I thought the referees either had their calves taped or had sock stays showing. There just appears to be a white band on top of the socks and horizontal stripes/logo in the middle. It would be better to just have solid black socks.

Those Umbro kits, which are basically Nike since Nike owns Umbro, just look like the referees are going out in a colored t-shirt to referee. To me, it just doesn't look as professional as the current Nike kits like we see in England, France, and the Netherlands. I'm still partial to a collar on referee shirts.
I'm with you on the collar, and I think white on socks only make sense if it's also present elsewhere in the kit too, otherwise it just looks mismatching. Having said all that, I always think the ref kits look worse when they're "plain" - add a few badges and it will look more like a kit and less like a t-shirt.

Short-Sleeve - here
Long-Sleeve - here

These photos really make the volt yellow and green look similar. Like I've said before, either color works well for a referee kit, but having them together seems like you have two colors that are too close to each other. Having seen orange used in the Eredivisie and now in MLS , I really like that color as an option. Not that many teams use orange for field players.

I think white on socks only make sense if it's also present elsewhere in the kit too, otherwise it just looks mismatching.

Really good point, @GraemeS - I didn't think about this. In the US, our Official Sports kits for USSF and NISOA (college) have some white trim in the logos, and we have small white horizontal stripes on the socks. The Capelli kits that MLS wears and are now being worn for ECSR (larger colleges) have no white in them. The black socks only have a white logo similar to the Nike socks worn in England to match the white trim and logo. The colored socks all have a black logo to match the black trim

Last edited:
I'll be sticking to the old Nike ones I've got, plus one or two others.
Not a big fan of the round neck. Too much like a football team shirt, or training shirt, for me.

Back