A&H

2022 Nike kit

Cardsref

has there been any news or any leaks of new kit for next year as this cycle is supposed to end, need to buy a new shirt but can wait if new kit is coming

The Referee Store
And you'll need to remortgage your house to buy a kit. £64 just for the shirt.
Don’t mind (almost like) the macron shirt but not for double that of the current Nike one. Will be interesting by to see how many make the change at that price

Im quite liking the new adidas kit thats due in february

Lots of prem teams release 2 sets of kids each year, a 'pro' version and a 'replica'.

Pro being the exact shirt worn by the players while the replica is exactly that and won't include some of the finer detailing or 'technology' that comes with modern football tops.

This is obviously done with the aim of making money off us gullible fans but I wonder if something similar is happening here?

The £65 macron top is potentially designed for use with headsets/buzzers etc, maybe a cheaper version will be released for the great unwashed without these extras?

Lots of prem teams release 2 sets of kids each year, a 'pro' version and a 'replica'.

Pro being the exact shirt worn by the players while the replica is exactly that and won't include some of the finer detailing or 'technology' that comes with modern football tops.

This is obviously done with the aim of making money off us gullible fans but I wonder if something similar is happening here?

The £65 macron top is potentially designed for use with headsets/buzzers etc, maybe a cheaper version will be released for the great unwashed without these extras?

Don't think so, the ones without the UEFA logo pattern are pretty much the same price.

Reactions: es1

I'm pretty sure the difference between those versions is that the 'pro' version (at Arsenal they call it the 'authentic' version) looks ridiculous unless you have the body of a professional athlete. The other one is for those of us with, erm, less well defined torsos.

I can't see a 'pro' referee top selling terribly well among Sunday league refs :)

I'm pretty sure the difference between those versions is that the 'pro' version (at Arsenal they call it the 'authentic' version) looks ridiculous unless you have the body of a professional athlete. The other one is for those of us with, erm, less well defined torsos.

I can't see a 'pro' referee top selling terribly well among Sunday league refs :)

Exactly that, they are slim fit and designed for people with biceps and a six pack. Not going to be a great look for the majority of referees ... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: es1
I really like the Joma kit that’s very reasonably priced.

Down south the Western League and SWPL have a club shop with Boca Teamwear. The shirts are about £20-25 with badges.

Not sure I like the coloured trim on the shorts but they’re MUCH cheaper than some other brands and they’re really comfortable too.

I really like the Joma kit that’s very reasonably priced.

Down south the Western League and SWPL have a club shop with Boca Teamwear. The shirts are about £20-25 with badges.

Not sure I like the coloured trim on the shorts but they’re MUCH cheaper than some other brands and they’re really comfortable too.

Have you got the link for that please Will? I got the Joma tracksuit when I first moved to the South West last year but never thought about ref shirts. I can find where I got them from now. Cheers.

Have you got the link for that please Will? I got the Joma tracksuit when I first moved to the South West last year but never thought about ref shirts. I can find where I got them from now. Cheers.
This is the club shop:

I’ve only bought the pre match polo and the tracksuit so not sure on the match top. I do like the look of them and the price though!
I think they come with a SWPL and Toolstation logo by default but there’s a cheaper un-badged version.

Just don’t hold your breath when it comes to delivery times… took an age for my tracksuit and polo to arrive!

Exactly that, they are slim fit and designed for people with biceps and a six pack. Not going to be a great look for the majority of referees ... 😂
Why not, what are you implying about the body standards of the English referees?

Back