A&H

The Keeping The Laws Of The Game Fresh In Our Minds Summer Competition! Week 1!

SM

The avuncular one

You have agreed to referee an end of season “friendly” match featuring retired and older players (over 35) from 2 local teams. Unbeknown to you before the game, one of the teams features a few players you had some difficulties with earlier in the season. There was a lot of bad behaviour from them and you took appropriate disciplinary action at the time. You have moved on, they have not. It’s too late to back out of the game. One good thing is that you have neutral assistants with you.

The mood pre-match is a little frosty from some of the yellow team, but generally everyone is happy. You have agreed to allow roll on-roll off substitutes and have offered water breaks if needed given the hot conditions. The game kicks off and the red team quickly rack up 12 goals in the first half without reply. There is quite a bit of moaning from the yellow team, claiming for lots of freekicks and offsides which in your opinion are not. Then in the second half the following incident occurs:

How do you handle this situation?

Rules:

· Important! *Personal Message your answer to me* – do not post it directly onto the forum – really don’t, it will mean disqualification from this weeks question and I will ask Ross to ban you from the forum forever delete your post.

· The closing date is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 5 pm UK time – entries after this time are likely to be disregarded and you will be ridiculed publicly on the forum for ignoring the rules! The last part is not true. Possibly not true. Who knows.

· After the closing date I will post all answers anonymously onto the thread and the appointed judge will decide the top 3.

· Please feel free to throw some banter at each other while awaiting the decision!

The winner is the competitor with the most points at the end of week 12.

As a reminder - for each answer, you could supply:

· Observations around the scenario?

· What would you be looking for?

· What actions would you be taking?

· Which laws support your answer (including law 18 if required...)?

· How to proceed?

· How would you approach the match after the incident?

I bet you guys are wondering what the prize for this competition is going to be? Ooooooo it's a beauty! I am sure nobody would be interested in starting next season with the on their wrist http://www.refsworld.com/index.php/adidas/adidas-duramo-xl-watch-black-on-black.html ? Is that a general mumuring of excitement I hear out there?
REMEMBER - DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER DIRECTLY ONTO THE FORUM - MESSAGE IT TO ME!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
2 entries received so far.

Are people happy with the one day deadline? Not sure why I went for quite such a strict time scale!

There's no point in others entering cause I'm going make them look like :poop: :p

Nice prize. I can't wait to win. I'll wear this in every game I referee next season.

Only one of the above is true ...

9 entries so far - if you have entered you should have received a confirmation from me. If not let me know.

That's another entry received (will send confirmation message later today).

Anyone else wanting to take part? Nows the time!

As I've said there is no point in entering cause I'll whoop everyone! :p

Yes - I got as far as Haverfordwest to pick up one of the ARs and he had been informed a couple of minutes before I got there that the match was postponed.

Grr

Back