A&H

Nigeria v Argentina

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
The Referee Store
Was at the game. Fifa backed up the red. And the ref been a fifa fav since then

So not done too bad for himself

You haven’t just used FIFA as a defining rule on a red card the most corrupt & laughable organisation the world has ever seen.

So he’s got his feet under the table with FIFA that makes him a good ref.

He couldn’t lace Oliver’s boots.

You haven’t just used FIFA as a defining rule on a red card the most corrupt & laughable organisation the world has ever seen.

So he’s got his feet under the table with FIFA that makes him a good ref.

He couldn’t lace Oliver’s boots.

He empowered by fifa to make the call. He made it. They said aye
Sorry I did mean UEFA.
But I would say he at the WC today because of that call

Balls of steel to tell VAR to ram it tonight too

I would actual be in the truck by now making my var eat the lotg to digest handball properly

With or without tomato ketchup

He empowered by fifa to make the call. He made it. They said aye
Sorry I did mean UEFA.
But I would say he at the WC today because of that call

Balls of steel to tell VAR to ram it tonight too

Still never a red on Nani though ;)

Nani, Would I have went red? Absolutley not
Was i shocked the ref did? Absolutley not

Which is why am watching the WC on a pals stolen tv without a license in a flat we aint paid rent on for three months, whereas that ref be drawing straws to referee the final itself

Nani, Would I have went red? Absolutley not
Was i shocked the ref did? Absolutley not

Which is why am watching the WC on a pals stolen tv without a license in a flat we aint paid rent on for three months, whereas that ref be drawing straws to referee the final itself

Sounds like the Archie Gemmill scene out of Trainspotting

Never having watched such garbage I would not know. Although Underworld can cook up a mean ditty

I don’t believe that for a minute, probably the greatest film ever made from your finest & you label it garbage.

I’ll send you a copy up for Xmas.

Re: the Nani incident, I felt that was a ridiculously harsh decision that spoiled the game.

Incidentally, there was a similar incident that happened in one of the opening games for this World Cup and was punished with a caution.

The only thing VAR could do is recommend a red card for DOGSO.
It is ridiculous that the current protocol does not allow VAR to tell the referee he has got it wrong when booking a player for SPA and not booking another for simulation just outside the box - when VAR is allowed tell the referee he has got it wrong if the incident happened 75cm west inside the box.

Nuts!
And totally encourages players to dive on the edge of the box!

It is ridiculous that the current protocol does not allow VAR to tell the referee he has got it wrong when booking a player for SPA and not booking another for simulation just outside the box - when VAR is allowed tell the referee he has got it wrong if the incident happened 75cm west inside the box.

Nuts!
And totally encourages players to dive on the edge of the box!

But once you start including SPA and challenges near the box, then VAR gets involved 4 to 5 times per game instead of less than once per game.

But once you start including SPA and challenges near the box, then VAR gets involved 4 to 5 times per game instead of less than once per game.
Simulation surely
To have simulation in post match but not in-match is bizarre in the current protocol

(As mentioned, when I am king I will have all VAR post match)

I have an even bigger problem with this one compared to Iran - Portugal.

The ref is Cakir. The VAR is Orsato. They are both elite category UEFA refs. We probably shouldn't have the case where one thinks this was a clear and obvious error and the other doesn't when they've had the exact same instruction. I think Cakir was correct with his decision and Orsato should not have asked for an on field review.

Back