A&H

Nigeria v Argentina

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
The Referee Store
VAR has proven to be detrimental in terms of player behavior. It's awful the way the players are appealing for reviews and even remonstrating over the outcome

Funny that, everyone thought it would cut down on dissent - but I feel it's just made teams run amok demanding VAR.

Mascherano asking for VAR to say "I never touched him!" for the penalty was hilarious. I think that penalty was spot on.

The handball on the other hand is just going to cause confusion for those who caught the one in the Australia(?) match... Now everyone will go off about how inconsistent referees are. :wall: (It would have been a ridiculous penalty to give though...)

The penalty that was awarded was soft
The penalty that never was; was the same as last night's
Madness

Does that mean a total elite ref says, wait, I think you have missed a pk!

If am the ref am going straight to that truck tonight and personally "thanking" them for throwing me into a river of jobby without a paddle

Still waiting for a conclusive shot of the Di Maria breakaway YC that shows a foul - I have still only seen footage that looks like he tripped himself...

It's a roller-coaster from one night to the next. And we haven't reached the cork-screw yet. The knockout stages will get exceedingly silly as the stakes are raised

Look. I'm not saying I would have given that.

The point I'm trying to make is that if the ref had given that, I don't think we could have pointed at the lawbook and said he was wrong. In fact, in light of yesterday's Iran decision, I think we might have been forced to conclude that the evidence suggests that the laws as written suggest that the ball hitting arms at that height justify a penalty decision. That's a fault of the poor writing of the laws and I think this tournament, and the use of referees who get to view replays make it clear that it badly needs clarifying.

The crap decision that was correct and showed his referee bosses that he was the main man?

Leave off it was a shocker!

Either you were off your nut on buckfast or we’re not talking about the same incident.

Back