A&H

Does anyone use a wrist lanyard?

I have used an elasticated wrist lanyard for a while now, and find it better than any other method I've used.

It gets a bit more complicated using it for Futsal though, since you are on the same side for kick-offs in either direction, and you need to signal the four seconds for dead ball situations with either hand depending on position - I don't like having my hand up in the air with the whistle hanging down.

The Referee Store
I have used an elasticated wrist lanyard for a while now, and find it better than any other method I've used.

It gets a bit more complicated using it for Futsal though, since you are on the same side for kick-offs in either direction, and you need to signal the four seconds for dead ball situations with either hand depending on position - I don't like having my hand up in the air with the whistle hanging down.

I use a wrist lanyard and hold my whistle most o the time anyway, so It doesn't hang down and look messy. Lanyard is just there for writing in book and security Incase I do drop it...

This may be a resolution to your issue also

I use a wrist lanyard and hold my whistle most o the time anyway, so It doesn't hang down and look messy. Lanyard is just there for writing in book and security Incase I do drop it...

This may be a resolution to your issue also

That's exactly why I can't use it for Futsal - I use the lanyard for security, and hate having it hanging down. But it's quite difficult to use the same hand to hold a whistle while counting to four on your fingers.

Yes. Neck lanyard looks ridiculous, clips look uncomfortable and it's difficult to hold whistle when starting watches, issuing cautions etc.

Just received my new rucanor lanyard this morning and love it, really recommend it, anyone else use it?

I like the look of the Valkeen's Lanyard thingy, too tight to buy a Valkeen though

I've promised myself that once I hit the national select list, I'll buy a Valkeen whistle.

And how likely is that? From my brief research a Canadian Level 3 is the equivalent of an English 5 or 6? Might be jumping the gun a bit to say 'when I hit National list'...Might be wrong though!

A Valkeen can never be justified in my opinion.

And how likely is that? From my brief research a Canadian Level 3 is the equivalent of an English 5 or 6? Might be jumping the gun a bit to say 'when I hit National list'...Might be wrong though!

A Valkeen can never be justified in my opinion.

Well, not exactly; we have two streams of promotion: I'm on the stream that should see me join the national select list in 3 years from now.

Reactions: SM
I used to use a wrist lanyard but upon final whistles or long whistles I found it really annoying that I couldn't use my arms as much as I wanted too, so I stopped and got a finger grab whistle which obviously wraps around the finger and I like the idea of having it and not having to worry about bit dropping

I use 2 whistles as well but one louder than the other just in case a mass confrontation happens and I need a good loud whistle

Back