A&H

Does anyone use a wrist lanyard?

micky2001

Thinking about getting a wrist lanyard for my whistle. Anyone got any opinions either in favour or against them?
Thanks

The Referee Store
They are much better, but I have recently found that an elastic band around the palm means that your whistle is closer to your hand and doesn't get in the way for cautions and thing because you can slip it into your pocket easily and quickly.

I use one mate, and have done since I started. Wouldn't want to change it!

I use an elastic wrist lanyard. Never worry about losing it!

I used to use a finger grip whistle, which was done until it was really cold!

Although in italy, they just have a luminous yellow fox 40 to match their shirts and have it loose in their hands...

Yep, I use the RA one. Did my first couple of games without one: Nightmare

Used too, stopped using it though. I like to be able to have the whistle in my mouth blowing for a foul, as I'm signalling which direction (Can't do that with a lanyard attached to wrist).

I've always used an elasticated lanyard. Absolutely invaluable.

Find something that works for you and stick with it.

Started with whistle on a bootlace wrapped around my wrist, moved on to finger grip, then to palm of the hand (a la Collina), but settled on the elastic wrist lanyard. Whistle always there, never in the way.

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about that but I just can't stand the feeling of the lanyard and I don't like the look of the finger grips. My biggest concern, of course, is that if I drop my whistle, I owe my team a pack of beer.

I have one on my left wrist. Great for using and holding the whistle in your hand, but nice to be able to just 'let it go' when doing admin.

Always wear one, bit of a no brainer really prevents it being dropped of messing about with putting it in a pocket

Back