A&H

Does anyone use a wrist lanyard?

R3.

It has back pressure too it which I like, some of the whistles I've used felt like there was nothing there. I wouldn't say you need a huge amount more.

The Referee Store
I don't particularly like the tone of it, but then again I'm quite old fashioned, still prefer the acme thunderer to a plastic whistle. ;)

Use my good old Fox 40 Classic on my wrist lanyard, didn't use it on my first game, but used it after that! Will definitely not be going back to not using one! ;)

It's not just down to personal preference. It's about maintaining a certain image and I think if I showed up to the pitch to play and saw a referee wearing two lanyards and wielding double whistles, I'd have a pretty hard time taking him seriously when it came to game time.

I understand the two watches thing, but you only need one whistle.

I'm sorry, but I really can't see where your coming from, if that's what he feels comfortable with, then that's fine, no-one should have the right to say otherwise, I really can't see how it can ruin a "certain image"

I wear two whistles on one lanyard, it's not pointless, you never know what can happen

Well, yes, the FA has the ability to tell you that you need to change or ignore your preferences if they want, so somebody absolutely has the right to tell you to change. And I'm suggesting that things like wearing two whistles (one on each arm, wearing two on one lanyard is a bit different) can appear overly-officious and a bit jobsworthy. I turn up to the pitch and see a guy wearing two lanyards and I think "Oh God, here we go..."

I think many referees will agree with me when I say I won't be changing a preference on equipment like whistles because the FA try's to tell me to, would be a bit of a disgrace if they did to be honest

I think many referees will agree with me when I say I won't be changing a preference on equipment like whistles because the FA try's to tell me to, would be a bit of a disgrace if they did to be honest

Oh god, not another 'I'll do what I want' thread...!

Yeh I'd happily change how many whistles I take. And watches. I currently use a tangerine whistle but If they say I need a black one to progress then I'd do that...
My old rdo told us not to use a red or yellow whistle as when you hold it up to tel everyone a free kick is on the whistle players my see a flash of colour and thin a card is out. Nobody uses a red or yellow whistle anymore haha...

Back