A&H

Does anyone use a wrist lanyard?

The Referee Store
I typically put it in my pocket and it really isn't that much of a hassle.

Personal preference at the end of the day, I tried a few games without one and kept dropping it and forgetting which pocket I put them in.......

I always wear one, just makes life so much easier, if youre hand shaking or writing or something, you dont have to fiddle about with it or worry about it dropping out of your hand!

I've yet to have a problem forgetting where I've put my whistle, maybe because my whistle cost me $60 :p Never dropped it either... My notebood on the other hand.. Dam velcro.

From what I've heard, the valkeen is the best on the market. Bloody wants to be for the price!

I have to admit I have been very tempted to get one.........

Buying a whistle like this at any level is worse than a Level 8 deciding its the right time to invest in buzzers and comms. The only people that may even consider buying this whistle is those at the very top, but even there I'd say its a waste of money. Concentrate on ways you can improve your game personally (which coincidently is also free!) before even thinking about a snazzy pointless gadget such as this! If a Fox 40 is sufficient for the Select group its sufficient for each and every one of us!

It's a great whistle. Can be tricky to get used to using, but sounds amazing. Only bad thing with the whistle is that you can't let it trail off or it sounds horrible. I also don't use the finger grip, I just hold it.

I do have a couple of videos of me actually using it in action, not sure if I should post or not haha.

Last edited:
What a howler of a miss!

Interesting tone. How does it compare to the fox whistles in terms of amount of breathe needed to get the sweet tone out if it?

Back