A&H

Citee Pool then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok follow up question, on our level where we don't have comms. As an AR what should you do in this case? When you know Sane is in offside position but unsure who played the ball last?

The Referee Store
Flag up and keep it up and get ref over for a chat

Say. 9 was offside but am not sure who played the ball to him

Kinda up to the ref after that! You need to hope he is tuned in enough to know

So you don't let the play continue and then get his attention when/if a goal is scored? I'm not playing dumb, I promise. Indugle me for a minute, say you flagged right away as suggested, the referee then tells you that indeed it was the defender who played it last and that you have incorrectly flagged for an offside, how on earth do you rectify that chalked off goal because the ref stopped the game as you incorrectly flagged?

Wouldn't the better option in such situation is to keep up with play, and flag if a goal is scored then you can indeed discuss? if indeed offside then no harm is done.

sorry I would expect the wait and see to come into play, I assumed you meant when a goal is scored and you aint sure who played it

NorthLondonRef - all I can say is that if you'd been the AR you would possibly have kept City in the Champions League by making the right decision, but not necessarily for all the right reasons.

You said, in your OP, "there has to be two players either in-line or behind Sane" so if Ederson was on his line, that would be two players so Sane would be onside however Sane is offside because there is only one players between him and the goal". Apart from Ederson was at the other end, that is exactly why Sane was in an offside position. Of the two players needed to be nearer the goal line to keep an opponent onside, one may or may not be the keeper.

That's cheered me up a bit but I do wonder how long you've been doing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back