A&H

You Are The Ref! - Again - Sorry!

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Just to reassure (or embarrass) me!

Latest one I disagree with Mr Hackett over!

Question concerns a GK who punches the ball (Legally, in his own PA) and the ball ends up in oppo net (Yes, yes I know a TAD! unlikely) - no other player touches it on the way.

Mr Hackett says goal? Looking at LOTG, it specifically states that a GK can't throw the ball in oppo net and score but doesn't mention punching, but surely same applies - its a GK....isn't it?!!!!

The Referee Store
 the question is not is a goal awarded. It is clear it is not
It is an offence if a player:
scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if
accidental, including by the goalkeeper

The question is, if this crazy scenario were to happen, what is the restart?

Penalty and caution to keeper anyone? 😂

No, it is quite clear in Law 10:

"If the goalkeeper throws the ball directly into the opponents’ goal, a goal kick is
awarded."

I reckon this would also cover punching the ball. And a goalkeeper cannot be carded for any handling offences in their own PA

:) my restart is a GK - after allowing all the applause to die down first and the opposing keeper to walk away in shame.

Would it not be a goal kick? Like when a throw in goes directly into the opposition's net. Crazy scenario anyway!

Thanks all,

On granddaughter babysitting duties all day yesterday (Child care bubble!) so that doesn't allow much time for discussions such as this!:)

Its a 2018 book, so my fault really, I had no idea that it was a relatively recent change that prevented GKs scoring using their hands!:eek:

Thanks all,

On granddaughter babysitting duties all day yesterday (Child care bubble!) so that doesn't allow much time for discussions such as this!:)

Its a 2018 book, so my fault really, I had no idea that it was a relatively recent change that prevented GKs scoring using their hands!:eek:
Yeh. It was a sort of tongue in cheek comment. I knew the answer wasn't pen and YC but I didnt know it was a GK until pointed out. It's what i would have plumped for in a test though.

Back