A&H

WSL/WC referee fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest here, it's because it's the women's pathway. If there was a thread on increasing fees for the leagues done by level 5's and 4's we wouldn't be having the same debate
I mean, I think that's absolutely the subtext - I was just waiting to see if anyone would be open about the sexism or if everyone objecting was just going to try and pretend it was about fairness and levels!
No. I'm calling BS on that one. It's absolutely not and that's a lazy argument.

I'm talking about what I think is 'right' and 'fair'. I wouldn't argue for a big increase in match fees at my current level either.

Some of us can engage in a discussion without only wearing a black (or red) shirt.

The Referee Store
Some of us can engage in a discussion without only wearing a black (or red) shirt.
I have zero incentive because it's not a level I will physically reach, I have a foot tendon injury that's not going to allow me to meet the pace required.

I think "fair" is a totally nebulous concept, an academic feminist might argue they're due more fees as reparations for the suppression of women's football over the years to compensate. "Right" is much the same but it's arguably "right" to pay more to improve the quality and pool so referees aren't all just flooding to the men's game because it pays far more for less scrutiny.

I have zero incentive because it's not a level I will physically reach, I have a foot tendon injury that's not going to allow me to meet the pace required.

I think "fair" is a totally nebulous concept, an academic feminist might argue they're due more fees as reparations for the suppression of women's football over the years to compensate. "Right" is much the same but it's arguably "right" to pay more to improve the quality and pool so referees aren't all just flooding to the men's game because it pays far more for less scrutiny.
You are entitled to your view - no problem with that.

You are not entitled to call me a sexist just because I disagree with you.

You are not entitled to call me a sexist just because I disagree with you.
Not because you disagree, but because your only objection to increased fees that isn't related to the standard of football is based on financial stability. Which is flawed because 1. the burden of referee's fees is not that high 2. The PGMOL is funded by more than just the clubs so it wouldn't just be them paying anyway.

The women's game has been suppressed by the FA and neglected by the men's clubs (and arguably still is by some of the very richest), to ignore this and say "well they don't bring in that much money so the salaries and fees shouldn't be up for increase" is sexist, even if subconsciously.

Not because you disagree, but because your only objection to increased fees that isn't related to the standard of football is based on financial stability. Which is flawed because 1. the burden of referee's fees is not that high 2. The PGMOL is funded by more than just the clubs so it wouldn't just be them paying anyway.

The women's game has been suppressed by the FA and neglected by the men's clubs (and arguably still is by some of the very richest), to ignore this and say "well they don't bring in that much money so the salaries and fees shouldn't be up for increase" is sexist, even if subconsciously.
Last post on this, because it's going nowhere.,

You've completely misrepresented what I have said and then put in quotes something I haven't said and wouldn't say and called it subconsciously sexist. That's not an argument and is bordering on libellous.

Enough

Hmm yes, I think I recall Sam Allison being promoted to SG2, officially, so yes I guess you can be both. I don't ever recall seeing Rebecca Welch officially being promoted though.
Fair enough - I'll admit that my research involved going to the SG2 section of Wikipedia and seeing her name there, so can't vouch for any more accuracy than that!

Last post on this, because it's going nowhere.,

You've completely misrepresented what I have said and then put in quotes something I haven't said and wouldn't say and called it subconsciously sexist. That's not an argument and is bordering on libellous.

Enough
Libellous 😂 Would LOVE to see that one play out in court.

Hmm yes, I think I recall Sam Allison being promoted to SG2, officially, so yes I guess you can be both. I don't ever recall seeing Rebecca Welch officially being promoted though.
This link shows Welch was officially "aligned" to SG2.

I am the biggest advocate for fees matching the work that officials do. In particular, I have been vocal about how 2Bs and even more so 2As (due to the gap between EFL and reality of travel) should be drastically increased. No one will convince me however that a WSL official should be on more than a 2A. Crowd size is irrelevant, and shouldn't be a factor in relation to referee pay as others have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back