A&H

WRCFA Coloured Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
So, our county will allow coloured shirts, but it is down to the individual leagues to decide what colour can be worn.

Glad that's cleared up, next season I will be officiating on upto 7 different leagues (including any county cup appointments I get) so it's conceivable that I may need all three alternate colours, although it would only really become an issue when working in a team of three

So, our county will allow coloured shirts, but it is down to the individual leagues to decide what colour can be worn.

Glad that's cleared up, next season I will be officiating on upto 7 different leagues (including any county cup appointments I get) so it's conceivable that I may need all three alternate colours, although it would only really become an issue when working in a team of three

Got the same email yesterday, seemed strange they didn't specify a chosen colour like many other CFA's. I guess it might encourage more people just to stick with black, but you know most will buy a second colour, even if only to wear it once.

Got the same email yesterday, seemed strange they didn't specify a chosen colour like many other CFA's. I guess it might encourage more people just to stick with black, but you know most will buy a second colour, even if only to wear it once.

I suspect that at least 3 of my leagues Saturday OA, Sunday OA and county women's league will be black only. Women's regional (if I get games) I oils probably be the same as it is run by the same people as the women's county league. Ryman development covers a number of counties, so they may also stick with black only, county cups would probably have an alternate colour.

Guess we'll just need to wait until the competition rules etc are sent out for next season. Coloured shirts don't bother me, but I like to buy stuff as early as possible

Still nothing in our neck of the woods. Unless I've missed an email?!?!:eek::eek:

This whole mess could have been avoided if the FA had just said all match officials can wear either black or *alternative* colour shirts.

Leaving to CFAs to decide is bad enough when competitions cover more than one CFA, but to just leave to individual competitions to decide is crazy.

This whole mess could have been avoided if the FA had just said all match officials can wear either black or *alternative* colour shirts.

Leaving to CFAs to decide is bad enough when competitions cover more than one CFA, but to just leave to individual competitions to decide is crazy.
I agree.... Why create more confusion?

I emailed our Essex RDO and he confirmed that the new regulations would be sent out on July 1st - wouldn't be surprised if other counties are using the same deadline.

In Suffolk the refs voted and the clear winner was the berry kit! We have been sent a link with prices for county badged or not, long sleeved or short. The price is ok but we can only where them in leagues which sanctions them and in a team of 3 if we all have them

Well, as the county left it up to leagues to decide whether we can wear coloured shirt, my Sunday men's league has decided black only, just waiting for confirmation from the other 3 leagues and county cup competitions

The main league I am on hasn't made a decision yet, however, given that the majority are still wearing the kit they had when they first qualified I suspect the decision will be that we stick with black only, which suits me.

i can imagine going to some of the supply and contrib teams around me and telling them they need to change their undershirt when they can see i'm wearing black under a yellow / green top. as @lincs22 says, it'll kill your match control.
You definitely won't be wearing any other colour than black on Contrib games, nor on Supply games (unless you have any supply leagues which are sanctioned by a CFA and not The FA).

You definitely won't be wearing any other colour than black on Contrib games, nor on Supply games (unless you have any supply leagues which are sanctioned by a CFA and not The FA).

so refs the lowest and the top levels will have coloured tops yet contrib and supply wont?

so refs the lowest and the top levels will have coloured tops yet contrib and supply wont?
Hope so. We have a combined counties pool in the north west so we could have a referee from Cheshire, an assistant from Liverpool and an assistant from manchester fa on one game, and each of those could have been offered a different colour. So you'd be wearing the black anyway. Coloured kits are fine if you are on your own or with refs from same county i.e. county cups or if your kits are supplied i.e national league onwards but the supply and contrib in the middle might as well remain black as the leagues cross many county borders and you'd need the perfect storm to be ablw to wear your coloured kit.

Hope so. We have a combined counties pool in the north west so we could have a referee from Cheshire, an assistant from Liverpool and an assistant from manchester fa on one game, and each of those could have been offered a different colour. So you'd be wearing the black anyway. Coloured kits are fine if you are on your own or with refs from same county i.e. county cups or if your kits are supplied i.e national league onwards but the supply and contrib in the middle might as well remain black as the leagues cross many county borders and you'd need the perfect storm to be ablw to wear your coloured kit.

similar situation over here in the yorkshire pool with East Riding (no change colour), North riding (green) and west riding (yellow).

i'm in agreement though that it wont work at supply / contrib level, for the reasons you give. however if teams see refs using coloured tops at lower levels they'll not be particularly pleased when we just have black tops on a saturday.

Why are they confusing matters, this should be a national decision and not left to the whim of a few men in black blazers at the CFAs.
I've no problem with black personally, I always wore black, I even had one all black with the yellow pipes too (for a while) and it looks Ok too, i'm not a great fan of all the colours available (turquoise and all yellows etc) but its either all black or its not.. I also agree that at the higher levels their needs to be consistency, however at Dog and Duck FC who really cares!!!

Last edited:
SF it's been done this way because The FA received a resounding no to coloured kits when they consulted on it. I'm sure the close relationship between kit sellers and some CFAs has nothing to do with certain counties heavily lobbying for coloured kits.

What they could have done is said to counties that the alternative kit colour will be e..g yellow and then asked counties if they wanted to opt in or not. You've got some counties going with one only alternative colour, and others allowing you to wear any colour if you're on your own.

SF it's been done this way because The FA received a resounding no to coloured kits when they consulted on it. I'm sure the close relationship between kit sellers and some CFAs has nothing to do with certain counties heavily lobbying for coloured kits.

What they could have done is said to counties that the alternative kit colour will be e..g yellow and then asked counties if they wanted to opt in or not. You've got some counties going with one only alternative colour, and others allowing you to wear any colour if you're on your own.

Not this time they didn't. When the first consultation was done last year you are right in saying that there was a resounding no from CFAs' RefComms, but this time it was a much more even split. Some said yes, some said no, so they left it to each county.

That said, you are absolutely correct that they should have chosen one colour and then let the CFAs vote on this. I voted no, but if it was a choice of just one alternative colour I would have voted yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back